Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Hygiene Promotion Assistant
For 8 months with possibility of extension
The overall responsibility is to coordinate implementation of the community-based activities i.e. hygiene promotion, health awareness sessions, community initiatives and schools’ activities, ensure programmatic consistency and good collaboration amongst all technical teams for a comprehensive and integrated approach towards supporting project beneficiaries, provide extensive training for the selected focal points on hygiene, safe water handling, basic health, and school environmental hygiene and gender equality.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Hygiene Promotion Officer, the Hygiene Promotion Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting implementation of the community-based activities, regardless of the messaging, but can include hygiene, and water handling, flooding and public health hazards and gender equality.
- Assisting in the preparation and implementation of a plan for field work and work schedules for the implementation of activities according to the action plan.
- Coordination with the schools, NGOs, Governmental bodies, institutions, and the relevant authorities as contained in the project activities and events.
- In collaboration with HPO in assessing and selecting the school health coordinators and committees.
- Provide extensive training for the selected committees on hygiene and supporting increased knowledge of women, men, girls, boys on gender sensitive water and sanitation practices.
- Provide ongoing support and training for the focal points, committees and other team members.
- Identify the gaps in current activities and propose new ideas based on the needs coming from the field.
- Ensure the quality of hygiene promotion and social activities and the monitoring of beneficiaries in the target areas.
- Study and promote the use of community networks to raise awareness of good public health practices in the areas.
- Regular reporting on his/her activities.
Assist in conducting Community awareness campaign
- Implementation of hygiene promotion and public health activities (workshops, trainings, initiatives, and peer to peer activities) during the campaigns.
- Assist in designing activities such as, theatre plays, quiz competitions, photo exhibitions, mural painting, clean-up campaigns and interactive awareness workshops in the community and schools.
- Assist in designing activity tools for the sensitization sessions
- Assist in community mobilization collaboration with the community mobilisers to ensure the maximum participation.
Organize discussion groups and working groups with the target group.
- Mobilize and inform the schools manager and coordinators on project activities.
- Provide sessions, discussions, and disseminate informative materials to the target population through field visits.
- Organize and supervise the field activities within the hygiene promotion mobilizers to implement the proposed activities effectively.
Reporting and coordination
- Daily reporting of field activities to the Hygiene Promotion Officer (materials delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constrains) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators
- Participate in the preparation and collection of data for communication, advocacy, and capitalization purposes (case studies, etc)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, nursing, WASH, pharmacy, or any related field.
- Sense of confidentiality – Skilled activity leader - Good listening, good communication and adaptation capacity.
- Excellent communication skills and has extensive knowledge of ways to deal smoothly with all sectors of the community. Has good empathy and patience.
- At least 1-year experience with NGOs in WASH (hygiene promotion), public health practices.
- Have the capacity and motivation to learn new approaches, methodologies in implementing community activities.
- Proven relevant field experience in hygiene promotion.
- Knowledge in Humanitarian programming.
- Fluency in Arabic, very good in English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service: employ.acf-e.org
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 23/08/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.