The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following post:
- Project Background:
UCS is the first National Palestinian non-profit and independent union of non-governmental charitable and developmental societies that was established in Jerusalem in 1958. It strives to build an effective Palestinian civil society through advancing the Palestinian civil work in an institutionalized and democratic manner and according to good governance and accountability standards in order to contribute to national building and sustainable development. UCS aims mainly at empowering the Palestinian non-governmental organizations, developing their resources and advocating for their rights and causes. It also strives for supporting sectoral development priorities in the fields of social welfare, poverty reduction, health, education, childhood, women and youth empowerment, integration of the disabled people, elderly care, human development and demographic planning.
UCS have a long experience of more than 60 years in emergency response actions and development aid. UCS have four ongoing programs. One of these program called “Karameh” for social protection and poverty alleviation. The goal of this program is to contribute in achieving social and economic welfare to Palestinians, and assisting in fulfilling the basic human needs of the poor, the underprivileged and those unable to get their basic human needs to live in dignity, such as orphans, widows, divorced, individuals with disabilities, elderly and the refugees.
- Specific duties and responsibilities
The program officer will be responsible to ensure operation and timely implementation of various planned program activities, and fulfill the necessary management requirements. Moreover, program officer will be responsible for networking with local and international organizations, coordination with the partners on behalf of UCS. She/he will coordinate and supervise the work of the team of UCS.
- Project Management:
- Support UCS regular coordination with governmental and non-governmental organizations for the smooth implementation of the projects.
- Monitor the implementation of the program by reviewing reports and contracts and by carrying out field visits as appropriate.
- Ensure that implementing entities properly follow donor’s regulations and procedures for the implementation of the projects.
- Review and approve all technical aspects of supporting documentation before payment.
- Preparation follow up, monitoring, invoicing review and reporting.
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process including drafting Terms of reference, launching tenders and participating in the evaluation of the tenders and bids.
- Planning and Implementation:
- Draft coordinated plans with the team to support the implementation of the program in a timely manner.
- Preparation of work plans and operation plans for various elements/ components of the program on monthly, half yearly basis and an annual.
- Monitor progress on regular basis and give suggestions to UCS on timely manner for corrective actions.
- Coordination with Partners:
- Establish network and linkages with the key actors in the field of poverty alleviation and emergency relief.
- Participate in the programs meetings on monthly basis.
- Monitoring, Documentation and Reporting:
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly progress updates.
- Ensure that regular reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) as agreed with the partners are provided on timely manner in English languages.
- Help translating documents of urgency at the times of need both from English to Arabic and vice versa. .
- Promote and undertake the documentation of good practices and synthesis of lessons learned, and ensure that these are reflected in improved training and management tools.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation officer and Media coordinator in obtaining and documenting success stories, new articles, inputs to newsletters, websites etc.
- Compile, maintain, and document the projects/s related reports, daily work records, and other relevant documents.
- Maintain the project excellence and quality standards in a manner that is consistent with the organization’s guiding principles, mission, and vision.
- Organize all related logistical arrangements for the planned activities with partners.
- Offer financial monitoring to ensure the compliance with the approved financial procedures.
- Represent UCS in various interagency and stakeholders with knowledge and expertise of thematic areas of works.
- Represent UCS in workshops, seminars, meetings of adhoc and thematic nature.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the UCS that are within the incumbent’s expertise and experience.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- B.A degree from an accredited university in Development, Social Science, or any related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in humanitarian program/projects management and budgets monitoring.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Fluently in English and Arabic (Spoken and written).
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a variety of concurrent activities, rank priorities, organize work efficiently, and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the most effective use of staff, facilities, and resources to achieve successful project objectives.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to structure own work independently.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently, and cope with stress.
- Ability to solve problem.
- Skill in document composition.
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy including use of word processing and basic programs such as excel, power point and web browsing.
- Desirable competencies:
- Must have a valid drive license with the possibility to drive in the West Bank governorates.
- Prior experience in humanitarian projects in the West bank.
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Humanitarian Program Officer Vacancy” in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.