Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical): HEAD OF MISSION
Reports to (Functional): HEAD OF MISSION
Job Family: OPERATIONS
Supervises (Function): N/A
Contribute to the development of humanitarian affairs activities in the mission by supporting the coordination team in the analysis of context, humanitarian situation and advocacy strategies, according to MSF policies and values.
- Information and data seeking to support the mission in the analysis of humanitarian issues and related medical needs and in conducting informed decision making for advocacy purposes in close collaboration with the intersectional comm
- Engage, monitor and compile regular updates on humanitarian aid system dynamics (NGO/Donor planning, UN, ICRC movement activities and positioning) to increase the leverage capacity and the impact of MSF advocacy in line with operational plans, regular activities and medical-humanitarian advocacy objectives.
- Mapping of actors/stakeholders in Gaza to optimize humanitarian interventions and ensure MSF has a more detailed vision of the humanitarian activities and how MSF could support existing activities as well as address potential gaps, in conjunction with the HoM and MedCo
- Engage with other local actors and the communities we serve for background knowledge as well as to develop an analysis more connected to the discourses and needs on the ground.
- Draft ad hoc lobbying/advocacy points and internal/external reports in relation to main medical-humanitarian concerns while strengthening the integration of humanitarian affairs (analysis, critical reflection, contextual understanding) and operational communications.
- Drafts regular situation reports for mission/HQ as well as reports for external use in line with mission advocacy strategy.
- Propose improvements in the methodologies and tools used, and provide trainings to field teams as required
- Support networking needs including with domestic civil society) professional groups (doctors’/nurses’ associations), and other actors of interest.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Academic background (anthropology/social/political sciences, law, gender studies, protection)
- Essential experience with MSF or other NGOs
- Essential previous experience in research, analysis and advocacy
- Good understanding of current humanitarian debates and of the dilemma/compromise nature of modern humanitarian interventions
- Very good writing skills, English and Arabic