Job Title: Human Rights Associate
Type of Contract: National Personnel Services Agreement
Duty Station: Ramallah
Duration of Contract: 1 year
Closing Date: 4 December 2023 (midnight New York time).
UNDP’s Palestinian Programmatic Framework (PPF) 2023-2025 sets out a vision of “a world in which all Palestinians can enjoy a dignified life and fulfil their own vision of a unified, peaceful and free society”. The PPF is centered around the concept of ‘Transformative Resilience’ and its three elements: a cohesive Palestinian identity, self-reliance, and ownership and leadership.
Over the next three years, UNDP/PAPP will build on its experiences and achievements to make critical contributions to the priorities defined by the Palestinian national development plans and the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), through interventions in three programmatic priority areas: i) democratic governance and quality services; ii) inclusive economic opportunities; iii) sustainable natural resources management.
Civil Society Organizations for Inclusiveness, Democratic Governance, and Human Rights project focuses on building the capacity of the civil society community as a key player in advancing sustainable development goals. It perfectly complements other technical support Projects currently implemented or supported by UNDP, the United Nations Country Team and other international organizations. This project, therefore, fills a critical void in the landscape of development support in Palestine and complements project-specific support offered by other Projects by ensuring the overall sustainability of the organizations in question. The main added value is the appropriate application of a rights-based approach, through advocacy and other means, to enable the enhancement of SDG 16.
The incumbent will undertake the following key functions:
1. Project Coordination and implementation. Support the project manager in the implementation of the day-to-day activities:
• Support the Project Manager in the day-to-day management, implementation, and monitoring as per M&E framework of project activities in the field.
• Conduct regular field visits to monitor the implementation of the projects, attend the trainings delivered by the partners, identify gaps in implementation and support in bridging those gaps in consultation with the Project Manager.
• Support the Project Manager in ensuring consistency and coherence in the approach between the teams working in different geographic areas.
• Identify changes and challenges in the external environment and promptly suggest necessary actions/corrective measures.
• Monitor and ensure relevant gender mainstreaming considerations are embedded in project activities.
• Handle correspondence and ensure the filing system is maintained and updated properly.
• Coordinate the implementation of HACT (Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers) procedures in line with UNDP rules and regulations.
• Ensure project implementation follows UNDP Rules and Regulations.
2. Stakeholder and Partnership management: Support the continuous engagement with stakeholders and partners:
• Support strong partnerships with all stakeholders engaged in the projects (relevant CSOs, local institutions, academia).
• Support in creating high quality information and visibility of the project activities among the stakeholders.
• Facilitate regular communication on relevant project issues with the stakeholders with focus on sustainability and exit strategy.
3. Monitoring and Evaluation; Support the project manager in collecting data to update the monitoring and evaluation logs in coordination the Results Based Management Team:
• Support in implementation of the monitoring system as per M&E framework for the project to ensure effective information sharing, provision of feedback (pre and post assessment) and elaboration of high-quality progress reports.
• Support the design, implementation and follow up of mid-term, final and impact evaluations.
• Support the Project Manager in the preparation of ad-hoc reporting requirements and in the improvements of the MIS system.
4. Communication, Visibility and Knowledge Management; Ensure the collection of lessons learned and success stories from partners and develop a knowledge platform:
• Draft lessons learnt and best practices in collaboration with the project manager and considering feedback from target communities.
• Coordinate the work of the communication consultants, including monitoring the communication plan, keeping regular communication with the consultant, serving as a focal point for all inputs from the project team.
• Follow up with project team on the monthly reporting requirements and ensure timely and quality submissions.
• Highlight potential stories to the Project Manager to be included as part of the communication/visibility plan/activities.
• Support the organization of high level donor visits and other key events.
5. Support Governance related Functions. Incumbent will be part of the Governance team and will engage and support on various issues related to the expansion and diversification of the portfolio.
• Provide any required support in expanding and diversifying the Governance portfolio programmes.
• Complement and synergize with other programmes within the Governance portfolio as well as other UNDP thematic areas.
Under the guidance of the Programme Design and Implementation Analyst and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Human Rights Associate will undertake the assigned key functions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- High School Diploma OR;
- Bachelor’s degreein international law or publicLaw or Political Science or International
- Development or Gender or Human Rights or any related fields.
Min. years of relevant workexperience
- Minimumof 7 years with High School diploma or or 4 years withBA degree of relevant work experience.
- Proven experience in working with international organizations a or donors is required.
- Experience in results-based management isrequired.
- Solid experience and knowledge of human rights, especially with regional and local human rights civil society organizations isrequired.
- Strong research skills and reporting isrequired.
- Background in gender mainstreaming and knowledge is required.
- Experience in digital platforms and data management.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications
- (Excel, Word, etc.)and familiarity with database management.
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Quantum or UN financial management system will be an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below