General Objective of the Role
COSPE is seeking to hire a Human Rights and Advocacy Consultant to support COSPE’s advocacy and outreach efforts in the framework of two projects:
Gender Equality in the Economic Sphere: Our Right, Our Priority (Code N. NEAR-TS 2020/420-955), funded by the European Union and implemented by the Democracy and Workers’ Rights Centre (DWRC) in partnership with COSPE, EducAid, and the Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD). The project targets at least 30 women grassroots CSOs (CBOs, cooperatives, women unions) between West Bank and Gaza Strip, and aims at strengthening their capacities in addressing labour and economic rights of women, including young women and women with disabilities (WWDs) with their communities. This, with the ultimate objective of enhancing Palestinian CSOs engagement in and contribution to advancing gender equality in Palestine, particularly in relation to women’s economic rights.
Land and Rights – Paths to Social and Solidarity Economy in Palestine (Code N. AID 011.502), funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) and implemented by COSPE in partnership with various Palestinian and Italian partners. The project’s main objective is to ensure the fulfilment of the economic and social rights of the Palestinian people by improving social and institutional conditions, as well as the respect of International Law and IHL for a sustainable access to resources and the development of social and solidarity economy in the target areas.
Scope of Work
The main goal and tasks of the service contract are the following:
- Gender Equality in the Economic Sphere: Our Right, Our Priority
- Provide support to grassroots women CSOs in drafting shadow reports,
- Providing technical support to the committees and coalitions of women’s grassroots organisations, CSOs, DPOs, shadow councils, local councils, which are going to be established with the objective of advancing women’s right to decent work at local and national level thought advocacy initiatives,
- Providing technical support to the project team engaged in conducting national advocacy campaigns aimed at promoting the adoption of legislation and policies in line with international conventions and SDGs 5 and 8 commitments,
- Producing 1 factsheet and following up the production of 1 audio-visual product for the yearly thematic campaign, in collaboration with project partners and staff,
- Planning and carrying out the dissemination of the communication and advocacy material produced,
- Supporting COSPE team in the implementation of the activities that are under its responsibility, in collaboration with partners.
- Land and Rights – Paths to Social and Solidarity Economy in Palestine
- Coordinate the implementation of planned advocacy activities in Palestine, under the supervision of the Project Manager;
- Ensure an accurate dissemination of the factsheets and other advocacy materials to relevant audiences;
- Support the organisation of advocacy related missions by consultants and journalists;
- Organise visits with representatives of the diplomatic missions to the project areas;
- Organise the project’s closing event.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Relevant academic background (e.g., advocacy, international human rights, public affairs, journalism/or communication, social sciences, etc.);
- Minimum of 3 years experience with proven professional record working in the field of advocacy and communication with humanitarian or development programs;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic (working knowledge of Italian is a plus).
- Demonstrated writing skills for different audiences and products;
- Demonstrated communication, interviewing, advocacy and research experience;
- Experience of networking and building partnerships with partners, coalitions and others;
- Proven ability to work productively with a variety of stakeholders to run participatory processes;
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills;
- Ability to identify needs/gaps and work towards solutions, meeting tight deadlines with an emphasis on quality;
- Training and capacity development skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a small team, in a flexible working environment.
- The consultancy contract will initially be for 3 months, but it might be extended according to project activities and needs assessed by COSPE.
- The financial offer should be provided in EURO, including the income taxes.
- The financial offer should be expressed on monthly basis (1 month as unit cost), and should include any other expenses (transportation, insurance, accommodation, communication,). COSPE is responsible for paying the income taxes to the relevant Palestinian authorities.
- Fees will be paid through monthly instalments.
- Skills and qualification will be assessed through the analysis of CV and other document provided in the application, and through interviews that will be carried out with shortlisted candidates after the 16th January 2022 (please note that the deadline has been extended until 21/01/2022).