Human Resources Officer (2 Vacancies)
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking two HR Officers for the two recently awarded projects: 1) USAID West Bank/Gaza Pioneers-Raedat Project. This five-year $35M program is intended to leverage women’s potential to create ripple effects that shift gender-based power relations within the Palestinian community. 2) USAID Improve Livelihoods and Enhance Economic Development (ILEED). This five-year, up to $60 million program will focus on promoting resilient livelihoods in Gaza and give households the tools they need to cope with recurrent crises.
The position will be responsible for implementing Global Communities human resources policies and procedures and assist the supervisor in managing the process of recruiting, hiring, and other HR matters in supporting the Project. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
- Facilitate recruitment/hiring process to ensure the hired staff is capable of meeting requirements of respective positions in a timely manner.
- Submit new hire employee package supervisor for approvals relating to salary/title change, etc. per Global Community’s policies and donors’ requirements.
- Track time and attendance for project staff, ensure that all timesheets are duly signed by the employees and approved by the supervisor.
- Implement and monitor HR policies and follow up on any changes in local legislation.
- Conduct HR orientation for new employees.
- Prepare employment agreements and modification for all Project staff
- Maintain an appropriate personnel filing system in electronic and hard copy format.
- Manage systems for recruitment and performance evaluation.
- Overview and maintain HR database and records.
- Facilitate the training and Human Resources Development needs assessment for the team.
- Ensure transparency and open communication among all staff.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as human resources, organizational development, business, psychology, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources experience in similar position for a local or an international organization.
- Solid understanding of contemporary HR policies and practices
- Excellent human relations and problem skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the organization;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information;
- Must also be able to foster supportive working relationship among all staff;
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word;
- Highly organized individual able to pay close attention to detail.
Ability to work as a member of a team of professionals in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID rules and regulations is a great asset.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic are required
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Thursday November 09, 2023 indicating the position title and location.
Global Communities holds strict safeguarding principles and has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. In the process of recruitment, selection, and appointment, Global Communities will conduct robust reference and background screening checks, including international vetting as a signature of the Global Misconduct Disclosure Scheme to ensure children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded, and abuse is prevented. The incumbent is required to carry out their duties in accordance with Global Communities Safeguarding policy and the Standards of Conduct.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.