The Opportunity – HR Officer for Recruitment and Capacity Building
Post location: oPt Country Office - Ramallah
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 2 years (renewable)
This position is responsible for ensuring high-quality and timely technical HR support on talent acquisition best practices to be able to select high-calibre talents that will be able to support the delivery of our organizational strategy. S/he will be business partnering with hiring managers ensure recruitment actions are in alignment to our mission and values. Maintaining high standards, relevant administrative processes associated with recruitment, liaising with other HR team members to ensure effective on boarding of new joiners.
In addition, the post holder will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of Learning & Development plans/programs, staff performance management (Develop to Perform), and will be accountable for the provision of effective HR services in the oPt CO, in line with SCI global policies and procedures and compliant with the Palestinian local labour laws and regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Staff reporting to this post: no direct reports
Budget Responsibilities: None.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: Talent Acquisition:
- Responsible for oPt country office in the end-to-end recruitment process for national & international positions at different grades.
- Participate in national job evaluation for some positions if needed, in line with SCI standards.
- Support in reviewing JDs to ensure compliance with SCI format and standards.
- Responsible for opening the requisitions on SCI recruitment system, and launching/advertising on the different job boards.
- Do longlisting, support in shortlisting and scheduling interviews while ensuring child safeguarding standards are met during the process.
- Arrange interviews and represent HR in the interview board.
- Conduct pre-offer checks and ensure all SCI requirements are in place; internal vetting and re-hire check are done through the system before having the employment contract signed.
- Preparation of new joiner offer packs, for national and international, to be reviewed by HR Manager, budget holder, hiring Manager and Country Director and get it approved prior to extending.
- Ensure having the proper documentation of performed recruitment processes, from sourcing to offering stage. Liaise with recruiters and/or panel members to ensure full documentation of the recruitment process is in place.
- Support in the onboarding of new hires, national and international, ensuring email activation, HRIS (ORC) account activation, activation of benefits, inclusion in the payroll, ID, workspaces, orientation, and follow up on mandatory training (passport to success) progress.
- Liaise with all heads of functions to ensure proper induction plans for new joiners.
- Ensuring that the recruitment process is reflected on SCI recruitment system from the job opening until the on boarding.
- Prepare the employment contracts and attach all mandatory policies and JD.
- Ensure the recruitment tracker is updated regularly and share with the HR Manager.
- Ensure that all the job descriptions are updated on a yearly basis and reflects the actual work being done.
- Regularly update recruitment related policies and practices to ensure alignment with the standards and the market.
Key Area 2: Learning & development:
- Create, design, and deliver Learning & Development (L&D) solutions to support the country’s L&D plan using a blend of methodologies, following 70, 20, 10 methodologies.
- Ensuring that every L&D intervention has a clear improved performance focus aims that enable robust evaluation of the Learning effectiveness.
- Undertake an evaluation of all L&D interventions at between one and three months following the learning & development event, and report against agreed KPIs.
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Record, collate and retain management information (Learning & Development tracker) to demonstrate progress against KPIs and departmental goals and objectives.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for training, mentorship and development to staff and managers as appropriate.
- Facilitate and support staff in practical arrangements around participation in trainings.
- Contribute to L&D communications using a variety of mediums, mail, paper etc.
- Provide support to all staff in a way that will motivate and empower them and engage in long-term personal development.
- Designing, both in-house and with expert third parties, a solution that includes a blended approach to learning
- Ensure effective performance management system is in place and equipped/trained all the line managers/staff on the SCI performance management system D2P, providing ongoing assistance and guidance and promoting learning and development to all staff, teams, and individuals/partners.
- Follow up on the completion of quarterly performance evaluations, and setting annual goals.
- Consolidate and finalize yearly performance review for salary adjustment endorsemen.t
- Assist the HR Manager in preparing the L&D plans after analyzing the individual and organizational needs of staff
- Lead the L&D bi-weekly sessions for internal CO & FOs staff.
- Encourage staff to explore and benefit from the Save the Children Learning Management System online trainings.
Key area 3: Staff On-boarding, Passport to success:
- Ensure all new employees are well oriented to SCI policies & Procedures.
- Manage the induction and on-boarding process for new staff, and ongoing workplace learning using SCI on-boarding system (Passport to Success), ensure all new joiners receive the global and local induction in addition to the functional inductions. .
- Close follow-up on the completion of mandatory training within the first 3 months for newcomers, and regular refreshers needed for current employees. Along with accurate tracking and reporting to the HR Manager and RO on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for creating an LMS Account for new staff including technical support to all staff, and for the update and quality of the LMS.
- Ensure that all new joiners have probation period goals and timely evaluations.
- Provide support in designing the Human Resources induction and ensure it is delivered to all new joiners.
Key Area 4: Deployments and Partnerships:
- Responsible for the received deployment to the CO, through secondments or GEHSP, following up on the needed arrangements, contracting, arrival, and all related issues.
- Support the ongoing deployment recruitment processes where needed and at any stage required.
- Assist with ensuring appropriate and adequate emergency HR procedures are detailed in the Emergency Preparedness Plan in order to enable rapid scale-up and facilitate the HR. aspects (such as deployment mechanisms) of the Emergency Response Team.
- Assist in the HR pre-award assessments and capacity building of partners.
Key Area 5: General Operational HR Support:
- Comply with and promote Save the Children policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist with ensuring the management of all aspects of HR activities and the effective delivery of HR services to staff throughout oPt CO according to SCI policies, procedures, and core values.
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly reports due for the Regional Office/Centre are completed and submitted on time.
- Act as Safeguarding Focal Point.
- Support in organizing CO wide training/workshops etc.
- Provide clarity on HR policy and procedures to staff as required.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of all HR different aspects including financial-related information.
- Ready to work to respond to any natural disaster or emergency situation anywhere in oPt.
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager or the designate.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
BA in Business Administrator or any related field. A certificate in HR or Personnel Management is preferable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- (At least 3+ years of professional experience in the HR field particularly in talent acquisition and learning and development.
- Good understanding of General operational HR & administration-related issues.
- Proven ability to organize priorities, work under administrative pressure with detail orientation.
- Professional experience in the NGOs sector.
- Strong acumen in establishing positive working relationships with staff.
- Strong proficiency in handling data and in Microsoft Word, excel and teams.
- Proven sense of professional discretion and ability to keep confidentiality.
- Deep understanding of local labor laws.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies and can implement.
- Systems friendly user, can work easily with new systems and implement new technologies in HR.
- Strong service skills and ability to communicate (written and verbal) with all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- To protect children in connection.
- To be non-discriminatory and gender-sensitive.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills, with proven capacity to write clear, concise letters, reports &correspondences).
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook).
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.