MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of:
Human Resources Officer - Gaza
Job Title: HR Officer (Part time contract 60%)
Job Location: Gaza City
Deadline: October 31, 2022
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been oriented to Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), and Primary Healthcare. In the Gaza Strip, MdM-S strategy aims the improvement of mental health and wellbeing of children and adolescents. This intervention is focused on the strengthening of governmental children and adolescent’s mental health services, and community organizations working with children and adolescents through a capacity building approach. This includes training activities and materials and equipment’s provision.
The objective of this position is to assist and support in managing the Base with regard to human resources management under the direct supervision of Gaza Field Manager.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The position will be based in Gaza City, with possible visits to West bank.
Direct supervision of Gaza Base Field Manager with a functional link to Base Admin and Finance Officer.
National Human Resources management:
- Circulating MdM job advertisements through local job advertisement web-sites, professional groups, educational institutions after validation;
- Prepare of shortlist of potential candidates based on the criteria provided;
- Participate in the interviews as an HR representative;
- Ensure new staff benefit from briefing (security, program, team presentation) and ensure administrative briefing (MdM conditions of employment, job description, MdM rules, PSEAH orientation, medical insurance, etc.)
- Ensure that all steps concerning recruitment are in compliance with MdM Recruitment Policy;
- Organize keeping the national staff files and database updated on a monthly basis;
- In close collaboration with administrative team; to ensure archiving and monitoring of individual files and deliver all documents relative to the professional life;
- Following up national staff HR’s administrative issues like preparing contracts, salary slips;
- Make sure the employees’ files are up to date and in line with MdM guidelines and legislation together with the admin officer in Gaza;
- Follow-up of leaves, update the attendance tracker, prepares a monthly report on holidays / compensation and share the leaves follow up table with the team and line manager;
- Print salary slip to be signed by the employee and properly archived on a monthly basis;
- Assist in implementing and keeping up to date Conditions of Employment, Internal Regulations, salary scales and procedures;
- Draft HR procedures in line with MDM principles and Palestinian legislation;
- Follow up on legal requirements regarding employment (social security, income tax if any, work permits, residency, employment contracts etc.);
- Assist in the conduction of Annual Individual performance evaluations;
- Manage and Follow-up on the internal capacity building opportunities (trainings, seminars, conferences etc.);
- Assist the employees when necessary to fulfil their HR administration duties;
- Perform any other additional duties on request of the Supervisor;
- Assist with Fraud reporting and disciplinary process;
- On request of the field manager; to participate in coordination meetings, trainings if it does not main duties;
- To translate verbally and by written when necessary if it does not harm main duties;
- Perform other additional activities that do not contradict this Job description and deadlines for reports on request of the line manager;
- To respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources or related fields.
Fluent speaking and writing English, native Arabic.
Computer requirements: Competency in Microsoft Office Environment.
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum 3 years of progressively experience in administrative field related position.
- Experience working with INGOs is highly desirable.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to listen and share decisions.
- Team player and good sense of humor.
- Alignment with principles and ethics of MdM Spain.
AVAILABILITY & DURATION
Incorporation date: Subject to funding.
Type of contract: Fixed term (part time LOE: 60%)
Duration of the contract: 12 months including 3 months' probation period, with a possibility of extension based on performance and fund availability.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply.
The compensation package total is from 34,078 ILS to 39,012 ILS gross / year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV with 2 references in English to [email protected] by October 31, 2022.
Please indicate in the email subject the job title: HR Officer
Applications that fail to abide by the Submission guidelines will not be considered.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
“Medicos del Mundo stands for equal opportunities for everyone. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional or social diversity and/or cultural exclusion, belong to groups that are underrepresented in the positions we offer. Therefore, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected for functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded due to birth, ethnicity, sex, gender or any other personal, social, or cultural condition”.