The Opportunity – Human Resources Officer
Post location: oPt Country Office – Ramallah
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 2 years and renewed based on the availability of funds, Full-time Position.
This position will be responsible to ensure the smooth ongoing HR processes and procedures in the organization, relevant to the below-mentioned areas, ensuring quality data of the HR on the online system (Oracle HR) and in files, management, and compliance with SCI Effort reporting, a passport to success, CO insurance coverage and as appropriate of any support needed. Ensuring we are legally compliant and supporting the implementation of the People and Organization Strategy, which helps to achieve SCI’s objectives and enable employee happiness and growth.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Staff reporting to this post: NA
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: SCI Online HR System, Oracle:
- Act as the main focal point and system Administrator for SCI HR online systems, TALEO & ORACLE HR for oPt CO, WB & Gaza FOs
- Facilitate and deliver Oracle and Taleo system orientation and refresher sessions to all staff.
- Manage, track and update Oracle data, ensuring high quality and accuracy including on-time changes for any changes including newcomers, and leavers.
- Compare the Oracle HR data with the data quality reports on a monthly basis.
- Support all staff with system errors for CO, WB, and Gaza staff, coordinating with the support team when needed to support tickets.
Key Area 2: Effort Reporting – Timesheets
- Act as ER Administrator for oPt CO, WB, and Gaza FOs.
- Follow up and ensure that all staff fills their timesheets regularly.
- Run required reports on a daily/weekly basis and follow up on the results and close ER on monthly basis.
- Provide support for staff on CO, WB & Gaza FOs levels as needed including where they are not able to complete timesheets including system issues support in coordination with FMS.
- Provide Training for new staff on the system and refresh sessions on a regular basis.
- Ensure the accurate reflection of all staff leaves requests in line with their monthly timesheet and maintain staff leave balance up to date.
- Responsible for annual leaves reconciliation twice a year.
Key Area 3: Staff Insurances
- Main focal point for the CO, WB, and Gaza FOs staff insurances.
- Ensure that all staff is covered by relevant insurance policies and as per SCI standards and responsible for registry/termination of the insurance is in line with staff contract durations.
- Prepare the monthly allocation for the Workmen’s compensation, employer liability, and Personal accident, life, and Health insurance policies and submit them to finance on monthly basis.
- Follow up with the insuring company on staff claims and coordinate with staff for claim/reimbursement processes.
- Update the insurance tracking sheet regularly and make sure accurate filing and maintaining the insurance files.
- Ensure that all travellers are covered by the appropriate travel insurance.
- Maintain the alignment and coverages of staff holding Jerusalem IDs under SCI Health insurance plan, prepare monthly allocation and quarterly payment, and update the enrolment as needed and in accordance with the policy.
Key area 4: Staff On-boarding, Passport to success
- Ensure all new employees are well oriented to SCI policies & Procedures.
- Manage the induction and on-boarding process for new staff, and ongoing workplace learning using SCI on-boarding system (Passport to Success).
- Close follow-up on the completion of mandatory training within the first 3 months for newcomers, and regular refreshers needed for current employees. Along with accurate tracking and reporting to the HR Manager and RO on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for creating an LMS Account for new staff including technical support to all staff, and for the update and quality of the LMS.
Key Area 5: Deployments & General Operational HR Support:
- Responsible for the received deployment to the CO, through secondments or GEHSP, following up on the needed arrangements, contracting, arrival, and all related issues.
- Responsive for the monthly and quarterly reports due for the Regional Office/Centre are completed and submitted on time.
- Act as a focal point at the HR department for request and preparations of HR-related letters for local and international staff, secondees (work certificates, invitation letters, visa packages, bank commitment letters, pension letters … etc.)
- Responsible for supporting Audit processes, providing and preparing all HR files for audits (Internal and External)
- Support the process of issuing SC ID cards for all staff members in cooperation with the Admin team.
- Make sure that all personnel files are updated including e-archiving assuring confidentiality, accuracy, and as per SCI standards.
- Act as Safeguarding Focal Point.
- Support in organizing CO wide training/workshops etc.
Any other duties as assigned by line manager or the designate
Ready to work to respond to any natural disaster or emergency situation anywhere in oPt
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
BA in Business Administrator or any related field. A certificate in HR or Personnel Management is preferable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3+ years of professional experience in the HR field.
- Good understanding of General operational HR & administration-related issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to new modules.
- Ability to learn new technologies and can implement.
- Systems friendly user, can work easily with new systems and implement new technologies in HR.
- Strong service skills and ability to communicate (written and verbal) with all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- Maintaining confidentiality, documentation & filing skills
- Ability to work with a team and work under pressure
- To protect children in connection
- To be non-discriminatory and gender-sensitive
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills, with proven capacity to write clear, concise letters, reports & correspondences
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة