Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Human Resources Manager in GIZ Office at the German House we are looking for a
“Human Resources Officer”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
The HR Officer performs the following tasks:
- Support HR manager in organising the recruitment and hiring process in cooperation with relevant staff members in accordance with GIZ standards.
- Evaluate applications received and shortlists candidates on the basis of the requirements or hiring criteria and obtains references.
- Organise personnel selection (e.g. applicant interviews) and advises if necessary on selection
- Notify unsuccessful applicants, documents the selection process, archives the documentation and enter the data in existing HRM systems.
- Ensure contract processing and assists staff on the related HR matters.
- Determine the appropriate contract based on national labour law and the material and formal condition (limited/unlimited employment contract, distinction from appraiser contract, internship etc.)
- Assist in drawing up the employment contract on the basis of the standard GIZ contract, local hiring condition and the contents of the advertisement
- Perform electronic archiving on DMS for all national personnel files, which includes scanning and filing documents as required and treating them with confidentially in line with GIZ’s filling rules.
- Following up with the insurance company for any addition or cancelation of an employee in the health insurance and the workmen Insurance.
- Deal with the organisational and administrative stages in processing, e.g. monthly update of entries in SAP-HR for national personnel
- Support in maintaining information on hiring conditions for national personnel (remuneration system, salary groups, model job descriptions, labour law etc.), updates this and informs managers
- Strong focus on the National personnel development including HR and competence development, staff evaluation and human resources management (HRM) in accordance with the national personnel policy.
- Support in scheduling arrangements for meetings, interviews, exams, etc., held by the Human Resources Department.
- Assist in writing and updating the employment Handbook with relevant HR documents in consultation with a lawyer specialising in labour law.
- Completeness of confidential personnel files, employee records and ensure personnel files are up to date.
- Perform other duties and correspondence related to HR matters as requested by the management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BA/MSc in Human Resources management, business administration, or university degree in law (if possible with a strong focus on HR management).
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management in a comparable position in international organization.
- HR certification from a reputable institution is a distinct advantage
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strictly maintain confidentiality in handling all HR issues
- Ability to manage different and multiple tasks and to deliver in a short period of time.
- Ability to evaluate and apply HR procedures to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Ability to evaluate and recommend appropriate HR interventions
- Excellent knowledge of HR management, initial work experience is desirable
- Proficient understanding of employment and local labour law;
- Experience in advising on HR issues
- Negotiation, critical thinking & Persuasion skills.
- Strong Passion for complex problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines;
- Fluent in English and Arabic (both orally and in writing).
- Awareness of how to handle HR issues appropriately (confidentiality, data protection)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Assignment: Mid of February 2019
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one page cover letter, no later than 25th of January 2019.
Kindly state in the email subject “HR Officer”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.