Chemonics International seeks a Human Resources Manager for a newly awarded, USAID-funded project promoting economic growth in the West Bank and Gaza through expanded economic development, trade, commerce, and applied research. The five-year project has three main objectives:
- Objective 1: Facilitate Cooperative Exchange and Knowledge Sharing
- Objective 2: Foster New Markets
- Objective 3: Enhance the Capacity of Targeted Entities
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for aiding HR functions for the project in compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations including Mission Order 21, and Chemonics’ policies and procedures. The manager will help in recruitment, benefits, employee relations, compliance, internal communication and training, and other initiatives as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Specific roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in carrying out the recruitment process of short-term and long-term local employees in compliance with established procedures and regulations, including, but not limited to, creating job descriptions and interview questions, shortlisting and pre-screening candidates as well as conducting reference checks, completing documentation, negotiating employment offers, and initiating vetting requirements as appropriate
- Manage staff onboarding processes including orientation, which will include adequate training regarding the Project and relevant Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Manage the leave, attendance, and health claims contract as per Chemonics policies
- Assist the team in making quarterly reports related to HR
- Ensure accurate and timely timesheet submissions
- Ensure all staff are trained on, and are familiar with, timesheet procedures and policies
- Ensure personnel and recruitment files are maintained according to Chemonics policies and procedures and in a manner that ensures confidentiality
- Work closely with the Compliance Specialist and Director of Operations on communication to staff about labor law compliance and help to ensure a positive and thriving work environment for all staff
- Facilitate annual performance assessment process and ensure procedures are communicated and followed
- Provide input on HR actions to mitigate risks to the Project and Chemonics
- Foster a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations
Basic qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field required.
- At least two (2) years of experience in progressive Human Resource roles; USAID experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Human Resource management concepts and best practices and USAID regulations.
- Knowledgeable on local labor laws, ability to interpret local labor laws; previous experience interacting with labor counsel preferred.
- Demonstrated versatility, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and communications skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and proficiency in English is required.
To apply, please complete the form online through Apply Now-button below
by October 26, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.