The HR Manager, with the support of the CD, is responsible for managing & leading HR services and functions to a high quality in both a development and humanitarian response context, & for developing & executing an HR strategy enabling the implementation of the overall Country Strategic Plan. As a member of the(SMT), the HRM is responsible to support the development of an organisational culture & improve active & regular working relationships with different sectors & stakeholders.
The post holder will be accountable for the provision of effective HR services in the oPt CO. The post holder is expected to put in place & ensure the implementation of HR policies and practices consistent with SCI global policies and procedures & compliant with local labour regulations; to manage personnel recruitment, compensation and benefit packages; develop, deliver & promote learning & development plans for the Country Office, & play a key role in ensuring team competency & capacity to effectively deliver programme activities in line with the strategic plans. Monitor and ensure the smooth running of the overall HR unit for the Country Office. Look after staff wellbeing and ways to support staff. Champion of a culture of pride by leading adherence to & implementation of Save the Children Cod e of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Sexual Harassment & PSEA.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1: As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to:
- Leadership of the oPt CO.
- Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our broad-spectrum programming values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity & innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors.
- Support the design and implementation of a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to program needs.
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active & regular working relationships with: host government authorities, donors, partner agencies including major institutional donors, & local and international NGOs as requested, delegated, & authorized by the CD
- Ensure the oPt office complies with all Save the Children policies and procedures outlined in the Quality Framework where applicable
- Ensure that the required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies, working closely with the CD & Regional Office.
- Make sure that all HR tasks are implemented & performed, as described or as needed.
- Make sure HR systems in place to work both in emergencies and in normal context.
- Focal person for the Sexual Harassment and Bullying policy, conduct trainings for staff, partners & donors, & ensure compliance and staff awareness towards this policy.
- Be part of Extended Senior management team, and identify risks for staff and propose mitigation for those risks.
- Administer and monitor all benefits enrolments, changes and terminations. Ensure all personnel issues are done from employment, staff entitlements, leave tracking, orientation, probation, resignation, release letters, termination, staff exit process, recommendations, & follow up on any other personnel related paper work.
- Perform day-to-day employee relations including maintaining awareness of all personnel policies and answering HR questions and directing employees as appropriate.
- Support managers through SC performance management system; Develop to Perform (D2P) process including guidance in setting performance objectives, employee development plans & communications, assist managers in assessing employee performance & addressing deficiencies. This will include embedding the process in the overall on boarding process.
- HR lead for the emergency response and ensuring that the HR aspects of the SC emergency response interventions are observed according to HR standards & comply with local legal procedures and Save the Children’s policies. This includes the facilitation of the deployment of emergency response staff: HST, short term, regional, country deployed staff etc.
- Responsible to liaise with the assigned advocate for HR legal issues & consultations.
- Represent Save the Children in other organizational meetings, workshops and seminars relating to HR responsibility & accountability, or other areas as needed.
3: Recruitment/resourcing & Onboarding:
- Develop and deliver an HR strategy, ensuring SCI has the right team with the right competencies in place, ensuring succession planning and planning retention strategies.
- Ensure effective recruitment, retention and succession of staff processes according to SCI recruitment policy and procedure.
- Managing the recruitment process & system for the country office (manage the workforce planning by working closely with department heads), supporting the HR team to conduct initial screening of applicants’ CVs, initial short listing of candidates, scheduling interviews, ensuring standard job descriptions, job advertisements, setting and preparing rejection letters for applicants not selected, help in setting criteria for selection, etc.).
- Manage the induction and on boarding process for new staff, & ongoing work-place learning using SCI Onboarding system (Passport to Success).
4: Capacity Building, Staff Development and Well-being:
- Contribute to MEEE regional HR capacity building plans & initiatives as needed.
- Develop & deliver HR trainings for HR and non-HR personnel for all cadres of staff to raise awareness of HR processes and procedures.
- Develop & deliver a Learning and Development (L&D) plan for the CO, identify training opportunities for staff & department heads to develop high quality teams and ensuring adequate budgets. Work closely with department heads to ensure linkage to the development needs as part of the D2P process.
- Work with leadership and management to manage talent review process for staff as part of the annual cycle.
- Travel to Field Offices (FOs) to provide hands-on practical support to managers & staff.
- Monitor staff morale and well-being and support the implementation of the staff wellbeing plan, promote regular communication and coordination with all staff, and ensure adequate support mechanisms are in place.
5: HR systems, policies and procedures:
- Responsible for updating the HR Manual and ensure the implementation of HR policies and practices consistent with SCI global policies and procedures including the CO Essential Standards and compliant with local labour regulations.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly reports due for the Regional Office/Centre are completed, reviewed, & submitted on time.
- Ensure that SC HR trackers and systems (Oracle HRIS, leaves, payroll, staff info, and other trackers) are timely updated.
- Provide effective advice & support to staff and line managers on personnel issues, grievances, or staff conflict, conduct debriefing and exit interviews for leaving staff and ensure issues affecting staff retention are addressed.
- Ensure that any conflict, grievance & harassment cases are effectively mediated, and reported as needed.
- Lead or participate in investigations as necessary and ensure full confidentiality and compliance with SCI policy and procedures.
- Monitor & advise on disciplinary matters in accordance with established policies & procedures & Labour Law of respective jurisdictions.
- Actively promote Save the Children policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities & other relevant policies and procedures.
- Lead the delivery and management of the Sexual Harassment and Bullying policy, conduct trainings for staff, & ensure compliance and staff awareness towards this policy. Establish CO reporting mechanism & ensure availability for all CO staff (including the field).
6: Compensation and Benefits:
- Manage the updating of the monthly payroll for international staff and ensure the payroll for national staff and volunteers is prepared and processed on timely manner.
- Ensure proper documentation & filing of all payrolls and the support documentation in an orderly manner.
- Ensure providing the RO/Centre with international staff completed forms and documents when newly hired or released.
- Conduct salary surveys, review salary scale & benefits, and compare with other similar INGOs, to maintain external competitiveness and internal equity in SC salary scale and benefits.
- Support in the design and implementation of equitable compensation system relevant for both development and emergencies.
- Manage the job evaluation system and salary review exercises as needed.
- Advise the SMT as required on organizational structure, staffing and competencies, grading and job profiles annually, or as needed.
- Ensure full compliance with SC global reward policies and philosophies.
7: Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development:
- Ensure appropriate staffing & competencies within HR function in the CO.
- Ensure HR staff understand & are able to perform their roles in emergency/non-emergency contexts.
- Manage the performance of HR staff through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews & fair & unbiased evaluations;
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Recognition & rewards for outstanding performance;
- Documentation of performance that is at standard & above and less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/work plans
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR/ Business Management/ Administration or any related field.
- 7+ years of experience in HRM in oPt, 3+ of which in a managerial role.
- Previous experience working in international organization/company.
- Knowledge of salary & benefit structures, with previous experience in salary reviews & benefit structures.
- Demonstrated experience in examining & developing personnel, operations & procedures manuals, formulating policy, & developing and implementing new strategies & procedures.
- Knowledge of Israeli & Palestinian Labor laws & regulations.
- Demonstrated capacity in staff Onboarding & in developing and conducting employee orientation sessions.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization independently, and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to supervise and train employees.
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills.
- Fluent in both Arabic & English, written and spoken.
- Ability to work in a team/independently.
- A professional HR Certification.
- MA Degree in HR management.
- Experience working in a humanitarian or emergency response context.
- Demonstrated capacity in conflict resolution & grievance resolution.
- Understanding of SC’s global Quality Learning Framework, focusing on literacy, numeracy and wellbeing of children
- Valid driving licence.
- Familiarity with HR research/survey practices and development.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in HR applications.
- Knowledge of different donor’s rules & regulations.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة