2. Department Summary:
The LWF World Service Jerusalem Human Resource Manager (HRM) is responsible for the processes and systems relating to recruitment, retention and succession planning for staff; training, capacity building, appraisal, compensations and benefits and career development of existing staff as well as developing policies and strategies aimed at employee satisfaction and performance. The objective is that the HRM should be strategic to the functioning of the organization.
3. Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
Working in the LWF Jerusalem program under the direction of the Representative, the HRM is responsible for upholding the HR function as per the roles and objectives described in the “Role of Human Resources Office in LWF Jerusalem” attached to this job description.
4. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of, and compliance with, existing policies and systems
- Develop and improve policies and practices; ensuring that HR policies are consistent and consistently applied as per Global standards, national legislation and Best Practice.
- Actively pursue HR issues at Management level, represent HR matters in the Management Team, during proposal development, and in policy reviews
- Represent the LWF as the employer externally and internally
- Provide technical support on all HR related activities
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Role of Human Resources Office (HRO) at the LWF Jerusalem Central Office
Human Resources Management is the process of acquiring and developing talent through sound systems, training and development, formulating suitable compensation and benefits strategies, developing policies relating to staff, and ensuring general staff wellbeing. The objective of the HRO goes beyond administrative duties and is strategic to the organization. The objectives of the office are;
OBJECTIVE 1: Staffing
Supporting the supply of skilled staff to all parts of the Jerusalem program through:
- Maintain a plan on number of staffs, with what competencies and skills, the LWF need
- Maintain an environment that encourages good performance, motivates staff, promotes inclusion and non-discrimination
- Ensure unbiased and professional recruitment to help LWF employ the right people, with the right skills at the right time
OBJECTIVE 2: Develop and maintain work place policies
There needs to be well known and well understood HR policies and rules. The HR Office role is to:
- Develop and maintain policies that are in line with the local context, culturally acceptable, promotes good performance and ethics, are in line with global LWF policies and national laws.
- Ensure that rules and policies are known and integrated into other polices and processes (when applicable), and applied by all managers throughout the organization in a consistent manner.
- Manage the disciplinary processes and advise in all cases of disciplinary action
OBJECTIVE 3: Compensation and Benefits
The HR Office shall incorporate the element of total reward and develop, and suggest compensation levels and benefits which are fair, affordable and meets sector and national standards. These shall take donor requirements, applicable laws, and staff motivation into consideration and promote sound behavior, good performance, recruitment and retention of the staff that LWF need for her operations.
OBJECTIVE 4: Staff Development
The HR Office shall promote staff development that aims at the continuous improvement in LWFs performance as an organization. Staff development shall aim at:
- Continuously improve LWFs performance
- Developing the HR resource (the “capital”) to perform at high standards
- Retain staff and develop their careers within LWF
OBJECTIVE 5: Staff Safety and Security, Staff Welfare
The HR Office shall promote staff safety, security and welfare to make sure staff feel safe, secure and well cared for. The office shall ensure that LWF is compliant with safety and security regulations.
OBJECTIVE 6: Coordination
The HR Office shall ensure functional coordination within the different parts, to ensure policies and procedures are applied in a fair and transparent manner, taking each sectors specific needs into account. The Office will oversee the operations of staff / HR functions in different parts of the program
OBJECTIVE 7: Communication
The HR Office shall communicate with staff directly and indirectly and maintain an open door policy towards HR matters, so that all staff feel welcome to discuss, provide feedback, and raise concerns.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
6. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
- Relevant University Degree (minimum Bachelor) with at least 5 years of relevant work experience. Documented studies in the field of Human Resource is an advantage
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic
- Membership of relevant national professional body is an added advantage
- Strong computer skills in basic standardized software (Excel, Word, PDF, etc)
7. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues to overcome challenges
- A pedagogical approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things
- Attention to detail and an investigative, curious attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure
8. Success Factors:
Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel. Ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and processing information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
9. Covering responsibilities:
The HR Manager may occasionally be requested to temporarily cover for other positions on an ad hoc basis.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة