Terms-of-References (ToR) for Human-Centered Design Expert
E-Governance in Palestine and the MENA Region: Inclusive Digital Services and Participation Formats Project
Brief Information on the Project
The overall objective of the “E-Governance in Palestine and the MENA Region: Inclusive Digital Services and Participation Formats Project” is to develop and pilot ten digital municipal services that were designed with citizens. This objective shall be achieved by building the capacity and training selected IT professionals and youth from the community on human-centered design (HCD) principles and approaches, to enable them to conduct a comprehensive needs assessment in the targeted municipalities related to the challenges they want to resolve. The inclusive digital solutions will be developed by PITA to support municipal services and public participation, which utilizing existing GIS capabilities in the country. PITA will provide the needed capacity building and documents to the municipality to operationalize the developed solutions, as well as support the municipalities to promote the solutions to the public.
The Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies represents more than 150 major ICT companies in Palestine’s emerging technology and start-up ecosystem. PITA has become the driving force in advancing the ICT sector’s interest, and the leading information source about this sector in Palestine.
Based in Ramallah and Gaza, PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs with the vision of creating a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Sector.
PITA shall hire the contractor for the anticipated contract term, from July 2021 to May 2022.
Conducting HCD training both physically and remotely (July 2021 to August 2021).
Following up with HCD trainees and their development of ICT intervention both physically and remotely (September 2021 to May 2022).
The contractor shall provide the following work/service:
The Human-Centered Design (HCD) Trainer will provide 30 hours of capacity strengthening and training to 15 IT professionals and youth on human-centered design approach.
10 IT professionals and youth from the West Bank will undergo the training physically.
5 IT professionals and youth from the Gaza Strip will undergo the training remotely.
After conducting the HCD training, in 30 hours, the HCD trainer will:
Follow up with the ICT intervention developed by the trainees in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
Ensure that trainees in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip are following the HCD approach in the development of ICT interventions and solutions.
Ensure the application of each HCD phase (inspiration, ideation, protypting, implementation) within the intervention of the trainees in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
The expert will focus on training on the application of HCD approaches in the design and roll out of high-quality ICT interventions and solutions for municipal services, especially discovery, definition, and design activities.
The main HCD components to consider include the following:
Introduction to Human-Centered Design
Guidelines and Selection Criteria
In undertaking this assignment, the service provider (company/indivisual) should consider submitting:
Technical proposal (70%) covering the following items:
Trainer’s CV reflecting the training topics he/she will cover.
Previous relevant experience.
Training agenda, training hours, and following up hours distributed.
A detailed action plan (such as the distribution of training hours, activities, etc.) of the training is to be submitted by applicants. The applicant should demonstrate the topics/activities/content to be used for each HCD component.
Training tools and following up methodology (while taking into consideration that the training/ following up processes of the 5 IT professionals and youth from the Gaza Strip will be conducted virtually).
Taking into consideration that the training is expected to be implemented and completed between July and August.
Financial proposal (30%). The price quotation for the services should be in NIS.
Please note the following: -
The price quotation should be submitted in:
In INS (Shekel).
Taking into consideration that this projected is tax exempted.
Providing a valid tax deduction at source.
The price offer must be valid for one year.
Note: PITA is not committed to selecting the lowest prices.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
General Qualifications of Trainers
- Education/training (2.1.1): University qualification (Diploma/Master) in the field of Information and Communications Technogy (ICT), design and management frameworks (or any oother relevant fields); A certification in Human-Centered Deisgn is preferred.
- Language (2.1.2): Excellent business language skills in English / Arabic.
- General professional experience (2.1.3): 5 years of professional experience in HCD training and development of ICT solutions.
- Training experience (2.1.5): 5 years of experience in training different target beneficiaries.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience (2.1.6): 2 years of experience in managing interventions and following up with trainees.
- Regional experience (2.1.7): 2 years of experience in similar projects in developing countries (preferably experience with Middle East Countries).
If restrictions are introduced to combat coronavirus/COVID-19 (restrictions on inter-city travel, entry restrictions, quarantine measures, etc.), PITA and the contractor are obliged to make adjustments to their contractual services to reflect the changed circumstances on the basis of good faith; this may involve changes to the service delivery period, the services to be delivered and, if necessary, to the remuneration.
Requirements on the Format of the Application
- The structure of the application must be legible (font size 11 or larger) and clearly formulated. The application should be drawn up in English (language).
- The complete application (Technical Proposal and Financial Proposal, each separately) shall not exceed 15 pages (excluding CVs).
- The CVs of the personnel proposed shall not exceed 2 pages. The CVs must clearly show the position and job the proposed person held in the reference project and for how long. The CVs must also be submitted in English (language).
- If one of the maximum page lengths is exceeded, the content appearing after the cut-off point will not be included in the assessment.
Application Submission and Deadline
Interested parties are to submit their proposals in a sealed and stamped envelope to the following address: Al-Irsal Street; Ougarit Building; 4th Floor, no later than Wednesday, June 30th 2021 at 1:00 PM.
If you have any further inquiries, please contact the following number: 059-4232468.