Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Gaza Sky Geeks (GSG) is Gaza’s leading co-working space, tech education hub, and startup accelerator, run by Mercy Corps, a nonprofit international relief and development organization with programs in the occupied Palestinian territories since the 1980s. Mercy Corps founded GSG in partnership with Google.org in 2011. We bring together online freelancers, outsourcers, and startup founders together under one roof to share ideas, best practices, code, and build brighter futures through the power of the internet. Gaza Sky Geeks’ overarching goal is to build an internationally competitive technology ecosystem in Gaza through online freelancing, outsourcing, and startups.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
GSG Hub is nonprofit co-working space that provides a full desk rental service including high speed internet, 24/7 accessibility, and a premiere workspace environment for freelancers, developers, and entrepreneurs with strong ties to the GSG community.
In order to maintain the quality of this offering for the Gaza ecosystem, we are seeking a capable, friendly and socially minded assistant that can drive operational and community excellence in the tasks required to keep the space sustainable and running smoothly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Operation and logistics:
- Manage the commercial co-working space operations to the satisfaction of its members and GSG management
- Maximize up-time and availability of key facilities and assets like the power, wifi network, kitchen area, printers and copiers etc
- Keep members aware of any facilities issues that may impact them and liaise with Capital Mall / Mercy Corps operations staff to resolve these efficiently
- Manage maintenance and repairs with the support of the operations and logistics team
- Be aware of member safety and emergency preparedness
- Facilitate new memberships agreements and renewals by working with Hub the members, MC Finance, GSG operations, and management
- Facilitate rental payments by working with Hub members, MC Finance, GSG Operations and management
- Super-proactive with sharp attention to detail you are always surveying the space - you see what our customers see and fix issues before they are raised
- Create a welcoming environment by acting in a friendly, patient and professional manner which facilitates high member satisfaction
- Screening for members / non members and greeting guests
- Working with the GSG team to create a sense of connection among members and the broader community
- Plan and launch community initiatives to create connections between members across GSG
- Take lead in member communications - be the ‘face’ of the co-working space
- Espouse the GSG co-working space's values
- Resolve issues between members quickly and in a manner that diffuses tension
- Foster a sense of inclusivity where fresh ideas are welcome
- Make recommendations about new features or perks that will entice new members as well as keep current members satisfied
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Not Applicable
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior Manager of Operations, Finance, and Reporting
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: KY Hub Operations Lead, MC Operations and Finance, GSG Logistics, GSG Community Team, GSG BD and TMT
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Team members, service contractors, volunteers, and interns are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- University degree in Business Administration, Marketing , IT or any related field is required .
- 1 years’ experience with increasing responsibility in a hospitality, hotel sales or customer service role
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Comfortable speaking, selling, and growing the community
- Self-starter, quick learner, and confident
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Warm and approachable
- Professional demeanor
- A high level of emotional intelligence and empathy
- A humble, proactive, and curious approach to learning
- Able to understand and work with the variety of hardware and software applications that our space depends on
- Passion for our tech and entrepreneurial community
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- A high level of ethics, empathy and dependability
- Ability to work in a flat, fast paced environment with others who are passionate about supporting Gaza’s technology ecosystem.
- Comfort with uncertainty and change—GSG is a small program but growing rapidly. Just like our program, we seek staff who are adaptable and pitch in on what needs to be done.
- Strong listening abilities in order to understand the needs of Gaza’s freelancing community and
GSG’s tech community.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and passion for your work.
- Proactive, get-stuff-done mentality that always prioritizes outcomes, not just inputs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills.
- Up to date knowledge of technical and industry developments.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Has experience related to Training Field, either as an organizer or a Trainer, being An alumni of GSG technical training is a plus
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than Wednesday , 31 August 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in.