Save the Children is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following vacancy in its Ramallah Country Office:
Position: HR Assistant
Position Ref.: SCI/HRA/2019
Contract Type: National Post
Contract Duration: Short Term – maximum 6 months
Deadline to apply: April 20, 2019
The post holder will provide support for the HR department at County Office (CO).
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the post holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: General HR support
- Support the CO recruitment process via assisting in CV screening and setting interview schedules.
- Assist in preparing the interview packages.
- Assist in maintaining and updating all personnel files.
- Act as a focal point in the HR department for request and preparations of HR related letters (work certificate, bank letters… etc).
- Assist in responding to SCI required reports as needed and under supervision of the line manager.
Key Area 2: Staff Insurance
- Support in reviewing the monthly insurance staff lists and make sure that all staff are covered by relevant insurance policies and as per SCI standards.
- Prepare and submit health insurance claims on weekly basis.
- Follow up with the insurance company on staff claims.
- Coordinate with staff on their claim and reimbursement.
- Update the insurance tracking sheet on weekly basis.
- Filing and maintaining insurance files.
- Support travellers (Staff) with a travel insurance policy covered by the appropriate travel insurance when required.
- Prepare and track the Israeli insurance quarterly payment for Jerusalem ID holders staff.
Key Area 3: Effort Reporting and Leave balance tracking:
- Enter timesheets on behalf of employees on leave or staff with no access to the system for the CO level.
- Assign substitutes on behalf of staff who need.
- Run required reports on a daily/weekly basis and follow up on the results.
- Assist in providing support for staff on CO level as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining CO staff leave balance up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate documentation and filing of leave requests and compensation time.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Diploma, BA in Business Administrator, or any related field.
- Certificate course in HR is preferable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of one-year similar previous experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding on HR administration related issues, basic on general HR issues.
- Maintaining confidentiality, documentation & filing skills.
- Good written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Very good commands on MS Office and E-mail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and work under pressure.
- To be non-discriminatory and gender sensitive.
- Commitment to Save the Children International’s values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 120 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday,
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
CVs should be submitted to the following e-mail: [email protected], please make sure to include a cover letter and up-to-date CV, (including dates and salaries of three of your most recent/relevant positions (at least last 3 years), with the position title, organization name, dates of employment (from/to), Gross Monthly Salary (in New Israeli Shekel)). Please make sure to mention the position ref. in the subject. The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.