The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) is the first Palestinian national, non-profit, independent Union for the civil, charitable and development societies. It was founded in Jerusalem in 1958. It seeks to closely contribute to building an effective Palestinian civil society through advancing the Palestinian civil work in an institutionalized and democratic manner and according to the principles of good governance and accountability in order to contribute to the national development and sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
Job title: Human Resources and Procurement Officer
Position number: F.D/2/2022
Report to: Financial-Manager (FM)
Location: Based in Beit Jala City.
Salary: Salary dependent upon experience.
Closing date for applications: Monday-April 18, 2022.
Basic Function: Under the direct supervision of the Financial Manager, the incumbent ensures execution of transparent and efficient HR and procurement and processes in the UCS. S/he pursues a quality and results-oriented approach. The HR and Procurement officer works in close collaboration with Programmes Manager, Project Managers and staff of UCS, the UCS Director, as necessary, to successfully deliver timely and quality services. S/he will lead on Manage the recruitment and selection process for new staff, Recruit for and develop a functioning HR team, Review and update HR policies and procedures, Ensuring issues related to human resources are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
Moreover, S/He manage all procurement management activities for the UCS and its programs/projects including bank account and petty cash reconciliations; accounts payable; sourcing and contracting of suppliers; review and verification of invoices; data entry into accounting systems; fund transfers from UCS to partners, cheque and cash payments.
- Planning and coordinating skills
- Interpersonal and task management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Procurement accounting, HR systems and databases.
- Contract Management.
- Fixed assets.
- Expense recognition.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Financial analysis.
- Database administration.
- In-depth knowledge of the local labor code and tax laws.
- Good knowledge of the NGO sector and its role.
- The ability to work under pressure and in a flexible time.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- B.A in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources or any other related fields.
- At least (3) years of experience in HR management.
- Demonstrated high-level experience in the implementation of financial and procurement management systems including the ability to operate accounting software, cash books, cash transfers, and different purchasing systems (cash, cheques, internet banking, purchase orders, contracts).
- Compliance with and knowledge of NGO policies, applicable legislation, grant requirements, donor contracts.
- In-depth knowledge of the local labor code and tax laws in West Bank including Jerusalem.
- Strong contract modeling software skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Good knowledge in the use of Bisan accounting software.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic language.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- High level of analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet objectives within designated constraints.
- Self-starter with initiative and drive and ability to think creatively and identify opportunities.
- Excellent team player capable of working with people of varying levels and bringing multiple groups together.
- The highest level of integrity and accountability.
MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Human Resources Work:
- Assisting Program and Project Managers with the overall project accounting from the start to the finish.
- Supports in preparation of Terms of References for project personnel, prepares and places vacancy announcements; responds to questions from potential candidates.
- Pre-screens candidates against Terms of Reference; long-listing, organizing interview and selection processes; undertaking reference checks.
- Prepares contracts; compiles and prepares necessary documents for recruitment.
- Assists newly recruited staff upon arrival and conducts introductory training, briefs on UCS rules and procedures.
- Acts as learning focal point for the Sub-office.
- Assists in developing and implementing a sourcing strategy in order to actively search for and identify the most suitable and qualified personnel and consultants.
- Maintains and updates the rosters of experts and sub-contractors as well as an effective system of retainer contracts.
- Maintains and regularly updates the personnel filing system.
- Maintains attendance records for projects.
- Organizes the mid-year and annual Results and Competency Assessments of staff.
- Handles, in a timely manner, contracts’ extension or termination procedures.
- Administration of the local benefits program in the West Bank including Jerusalem, such as medical coverage, insurance, social security fund, etc.
- Prepare procurement plan for all UCS assets.
- Conduct annual vendor pre-qualification for key products/services including: office supplies, fuel, vehicle maintenance and repair, transport (e.g. taxi service and vehicle rental), hotels, security, courier services, etc. and develop/manage Local Service Agreements.
- Ensure the transfer and return of assets to/from staff in different duty stations is tracked
- Conduct regular physical verification/checks of all assets and inventory in UCS Offices.
- Draft TOR’s bidding documents for all UCS tender packages.
- Carry out procedures regarding procurement, bid evaluation and selection in accordance with UCS regulations.
- Participate in the UCS Procurement Panel as Secretary.
- Advise relevant persons on financial aspects of the bids.
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute contracts.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters.
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate.
- Implements internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Ensure field vehicles and driver administration is executed in a professional manner and in accordance with UCS vehicle policy and traffic regulations, and that all related vehicle logs are filled out appropriately and on-time.
- Ensure that rental vehicles are fit for the purpose hired.
- Ensure vehicles have up-to-date insurance, registration and other required documents.
In addition to two main areas of work, the HR and Procurement Officer is expected to carry out all specific tasks related to accounting and procurement of the Project as assigned by the UCS Financial Manager.
HOW TO APPLY: All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “HR and Procurement Officer Vacancy” in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.