Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Coordinator and Assistant to the Head of mission (HoM) at the Office of the Quartet (OQ), the Part time Housekeeping Assistant will manage all aspects of the catering and cleaning needs of the OQ, ensuring the highest standards of discretion, integrity, and sense of responsibility. The Housekeeping Assistant also demonstrates excellent communication, has a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and an ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Successful execution of the requirements of Housekeeping Assistant role that contributes to the smooth-running of the office in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Official Catering and Hospitality Duties:
- Liaises with the Executive Coordinator and Assistant to HoM to accommodate hospitality needs;
- Serves meals and drinks and performs wait services related thereto to guests and visitors;
- Assists with planning and organizing hospitality events;
- Manages stock levels in the kitchen;
- Assists staff with special requests for meetings (set-up of space, special hospitality needs, and printing and binding).
- Collect office waste and remove it from the premises;
- Dust and vacuum the main conference areas on a daily basis;
- Clean floors and dust corridors and common areas on a daily basis;
- Clean office entrance from outside on a daily basis;
- Clean staff office areas twice a week;
- Cleans kitchenware and tidies dining rooms after all meals and functions;
- Keeps the kitchens and bathrooms clean at all times;
- Keeps inventory of supplies (cleaning and catering).
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- High school
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience e.g. with international organizations or diplomatic missions.
- Working knowledge of English-speaking skills;
- Excellent Arabic speaking skills;
- Working knowledge of Hebrew speaking skills.
Candidates can send their CVs to [email protected] or apply directly to the system.
Contract type: Local Support LICA 1
Contract duration:‘ Part Time/ Short-term ICA – 3 months with possible extension depend on funds.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Candidates can send their CVs to [email protected] or apply directly to the system.
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة