VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT /RE-Advertised
ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of a Global Hostel and Cafe officer.
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
The post location: Bethlehem- Global Hostel and Cafe' Bethlehem
Start Date: Immediately
The Global Platforms (GPs) are a global network of youth training hubs for empowerment and activism. The key mandate of GPs is to equip youth with the confidence, knowledge and skills to be active citizens and to engage with decision-makers. The platforms are founded on experiential and participatory learning techniques that have evolved through inspiration from great educational thinkers like Paulo Freire and John Dewey. The GPs are an extension of ActionAid’s strong experience providing formal and non-formal training using participatory methods. In 2019 Global Platform Palestine started a new project in Bethlehem; Global hostel and Cafe', it takes pride in being non-profit, eco-friendly and volunteer-driven project.
Please read more about global platforms here
The objective of this position is to provide ongoing support for the Global Hostel and cafe, this includes several responsibilities related to the Hostel, Cafe, the volunteers, the guests and the communication with GPP.
The key responsibilities areas for this position are as follows:
- Ensure a positive experience for all our guests while ensuring our overall concept approach is aligned with AAP and GPP values and agendas;
- Lead recruitment, training and support for interns, students and volunteers connected to Global hostel and Cafe Bethlehem;
- Ensure ongoing innovation, development and improvement of services/new projects related to Global hostel and Cafe Bethlehem;
- Manage all administration related to the running of Global hostel and Cafe Bethlehem incl. but not limited to daily financial checks, yield and revenue management as well as monthly reporting and forecasting;
- Responsible for coordinating the communication and promotion of Global hostel and Cafe Bethlehem.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- 3 years of Experience, Minimum 1 year of relevant experience working with volunteers;
- Relevant experience from the service industry, preferably a hostel and/or a hotel;
- Solid understanding of guest service and experience economy;
- Strong coordination and organizing skills;
- A systematic approach - quickly make good decisions based on strategic planning;
- Fluent in English and Arabic written/oral, while any other language will be considered a distinct advantage.
Indicative salary range: ILS 58,646.00 to ILS 68,106.00 gross per annum
Interested candidates can apply to any of the above mentioned positions by sending an updated CV and Cover letter to [email protected] no later than 25 January 2020 and kindly include the job title in the subject line of your email “you will not be considered without putting this title in the subject line”.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.