ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
In 2019, ActionAid Global Platform Palestine started a new project in Bethlehem; Global hostel and Cafe', it takes pride in being non-profit, eco-friendly and volunteer-driven project.Please read more about global platforms here
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of a Global Hostel and Cafe Associate Officer for 12 months period (extendable). The post location is in Bethlehem, Global Hostel and Cafe' Bethlehem is part of ActionAid Global Platform Palestine
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The objective of this position is to administer and facilitate the operation of the Global Hostel and cafe, this includes the following responsibilities:
- Ensure proper administration and operation of Global hostel and Cafe Bethlehem incl. but not limited to daily financial checks, book keeping, yield and revenue management as well as monthly reporting and forecasting;
- Follow up with relevant local authorities e.g. ministries of finance, economy and tax departments in relation to the actual operation of the hostel/café.
- Implement the safety and security guidelines as indicated in the hostel/café registration certificate.
- Take charge of all procurement and logistic arrangement for the hostel/café in conjunction with the Admin-finance officer and Global Platform Manager.
- Ensure house/hotel rules are complied with in accordance with ActionAid policies and procedures.
- Manage interns, volunteers and other young people connected to Global hostel and Cafe Bethlehem;
- Responsible for coordinating the communication and promotion of Global hostel and Cafe Bethlehem.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, management or other relevant fields.
- Minimum 1 year experience in finance, administration or similar roles, preferably from hostel and/or a hotel sector.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong interpersonal, communication, coordination and organizing skills;
- Good team player and collaborative in nature.
- Fluent in English and Arabic written/oral, while any other language will be considered a distinct advantage
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than 15th July 2019 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Interviews are expected to take place last two week of July. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.