The Palestinian Electricity Transmission Ltd. (PETL) invites applications from eligible candidates for the positions with the following details:
Help Desk Specialist (Ref. #: HDO/IT/ 2021-06)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to enquiries from staff to help them resolve any hard- ware or software problems.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing any necessary training and advice.
- Maintain a list of suppliers and other subcontractors who may be required to assist in the resolution of technical problems.
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end employee’s satisfaction
- Respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc.
- Document performed activities and prepare periodic reports..
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Prepare report to the infrastructure department manager.
- PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Develop suitable training manuals.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for employees.
- Follow up with employees to ensure issue has been resolved.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineers, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field required
- 5-7 years’ experience in IT or an equivalent combination of work experience.
- Requires sufficient knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes, and procedures to resolve most inquiries independently
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of personal computer operations, diagnosis, and repairs including networks, office application software packages, email, and PC operating systems
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving ability
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities and meet aggressive deadline.
- Previous experience developing and writing reporting requirements for creation of reporting solutions.
- Good presentation skills and ability to deliver training courses.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal formats
- Good communications skills both oral and written in English and Arabic.
Interested applicants please submit your CV in English before 15:00 pm Thursday 30/09/2021.
Application packages will be considered on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview