Caritas Jerusalem is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 165 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem invites applications from highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Head of Socio-pastoral Department
Contract Period: One year with the possibility of renewal.
Location: Jerusalem, with work in the West Bank, and occasional visits to the Gaza Strip
Starting date: 1st July 2020
Reports to: Secretary General
- In collaboration with Caritas Senior Management, to provide vision and leadership for a newly established Socio-Pastoral Department, following organizational restructuring of Caritas Jerusalem.
- To promote good relationships and cooperation between Caritas Jerusalem, Church leaders and other organizations who serve the Palestinian people in Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
- To become familiar with the wide range of humanitarian, social and pastoral work in which Caritas is engaged and to understand and develop their interconnectedness.
- To develop networks and partnerships with social organizations, professionals, and volunteers locally and internationally.
- To coordinate with the Head of Health and Emergency Department in providing emergency social and humanitarian aid for victims of wars and natural disasters.
- To develop a youth network of volunteers to support the implementation of other departments’ projects with poor and marginalized beneficiaries.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, youth ministry or other related discipline
- Six years’ experience in similar or related work.
- Multitasking and organizational skills, ability to plan, prioritize and execute tasks professionally
- Familiar with the local Church
- A working knowledge of project planning, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), budget planning and management.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team and to lead a team
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English
- Good interpersonal skills, able to motivate staff and foster team spirit.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Jerusalem ID
- Clean Driving License
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CV by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, 15th June 2020. Applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.
Please note that only candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.