Caritas Jerusalem is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Head of Socio-pastoral Department
Contract Period: One year with the possibility of renewal.
Location: Jerusalem, with work in the West Bank, and occasional visits to the Gaza Strip
Starting date: 1st April 2020
Reports to: Secretary General
- To provide social and psychosocial counselling to target beneficiaries.
- To provide financial support and relief services to needy families and students.
- To manage and develop a day care centre and home care services for the elderly
- To design and implement social awareness raising projects
- To develop networks and partnerships with social organizations, professionals, and volunteers locally and internationally
- To conduct social needs assessment and baseline studies for the poor and marginalized communities
- To improve the quality of Caritas social counselling, care of the elderly, and relief services
- To provide emergency social support services for victims of wars and natural disasters as a member of Caritas Jerusalem senior management team.
- To design and implement youth leadership development projects in collaboration with local priests and parish leaders.
- To develop networks and partnerships with local parishes and communities and international Caritas youth networks
- To design and implement youth exchange programs
- To support the establishment and development of Caritas parish groups
- To develop a youth network of volunteers to support the implementation of other departments’ projects with poor and marginalized beneficiaries.
Any other task that the supervisor may reasonably request.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required education and competencies:
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in social work, youth ministry or other related discipline
6 years’ experience in similar or related work.
Proven team leadership skills.
- Familiar with the Christian Church in the Holy Land
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English
- Jerusalem ID
- Current clean driving license.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, March 15th, 2020. Applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.
Please note that candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.