Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, and non-profit organisation working in the occupied Palestinian territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Head of socio-economic development Project
For a period of 12 months renewable
The Candidate is responsible for:
- Leading the implementation of a 3-year project funded by the Spanish cooperation and aiming at enhancing economic opportunities across a wide range of sectors (services, agriculture, production) in the South of the West Bank.
- Developing and strengthening activities aiming at 1) reinforcing entrepreneurship capacities 2) offering life skills building and technical trainings opportunities 3) supporting micro businesses 3) creating employment opportunities linking employers and employees 4) supporting the establishment of social businesses 5) increasing job opportunities for women including in sectors that traditionally do not employ females 6) improving the economic environment in specific locations.
- Ensuring the timely implementation of the above-mentioned components as identified in the project work plan and agreed with the Program Manager.
- Coordinating with a wide range of actors – including partners (Palestinian partner to the project, Vocational training centres, Universities etc.), authorities (Chambers of commerce, Municipalities, Ministry of Labour etc.) and civil society organizations to ensure their active participation in the successful implementation of the project.
- Managing a team of 4 staff in charge of specific components of the project (3 coaches for the skill building and 1 business officer).
- Co-Leading with the Program Manager and his/her team the revision of Action Against Hunger methodologies and tools to ensure relevance in different socio-economic settings (rural areas, urban centres etc.).
- Collaborating with Action Against Hunger Engineering Specialist for the components involving construction work and follow up the design as well as technical specifications of the identified activities.
- Collaboration within Action Against Hunger with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) the logistics, procurement and finance departments to ensure the smooth implementation of activities.
- Preparing and updating the project management documents including the workplan, Activity Progress Report, Procurement Plan, budget follow up and MEAL plan.
- Preparation of all project contractual documents including MoUs, agreements.
- Following up the fulfilment of compliance rules and the provision of activities’ documentation requested from donors and partners.
- Following up activities carried out by project staff, their timeliness and quality, including assessment, beneficiary identification, coaching sessions, implementation of construction work etc.
- Leading regular field visits to monitor activity implementation, their relevance, quality and accountability.
- Participating in the design and implementation of project related assessments, surveys or any other project related studies.
- Reviewing and adapting if necessary, job descriptions of project team in collaboration and coordination with the Program Manager and Base Administrative Manager.
- Participating in the recruitment process for positions related to the project that are directly managed by the Head of Project.
- Preparing interim, annual and final reports to the donor in collaboration with Program Manager and the relevant Coordinator.
- Ensuring technical review of baseline/endline reports, studies and assessment reports.
- Participating in developing new projects’ proposals in coordination with Program Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, development studies or any related field.
- Excellent knowledge in Project Cycle Management, economic development and rural development.
- At least three years’ experience in humanitarian or development programming; strong preference Food Security and Livelihoods, socio economic development, small business establishment and value chain projects.
- An experience in the private sector related to business establishment and development is highly desirable
- Experience in managing a team and coordinating relations with several stakeholders a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, monitoring, and evaluation tools and methods.
- Demonstrated project management, team management and direct project implementation experience.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management.
- Strong Reporting skills.
- Experience of Monitoring and Evaluation of programs/ activities is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service:
We will only consider the candidacies received online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 29/02/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.