Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office a
Head of Project - ECHO Consortium
For a period of 12 months
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Follow up the preparation of all project documents and tools including, but not limited to, questionnaires, community profile, MoUs, donation certificates with the project team.
- Relationships with key actors, such as partners, authorities, and civil society in order to ensure their implication in the successful implementation of the project.
- Follow up field visits carried out by project staff for assessment, beneficiaries’ identification, legal mapping, activities’ identification, implementation, and monitoring.
- Follow up the design of the identified activities in coordination with the Engineering team.
- Ensure timely implementation of the planned activities as identified in the project work plan and agreed with the Program Execution Manager and Head of Base.
- Support the Program Execution Manager to ensure the project experiences are capitalized and systematized through success stories, lessons learned, press releases when needed, methodology documents and capitalization reports.
- Monitor and follow Budget Follow up on, Treasury Forecast and develop internal control tools for budget management in coordination with the Administrative Manager.
- Participate in procurement preparation in coordination with logistics department and the Engineering Specialist, including attending bids opening sessions, technical evaluation, and selection of the best bidder, and follow up on the contract to be fully achieved within the specified time frame.
- Support donors and stakeholders’ visits to the field and coordinate with relevant stakeholders through preparation of agenda, printed materials (project fact sheet) and writing of visit report upon completion - including photographs.
- Participate in procurement preparation in coordination with logistics department and Engineering Specialist, including attending bids opening sessions, technical evaluation, and selection of the best bidder, and finally follow up the contract to be fully achieved within the specific time frame.
- Participate in the design of problem statements, position paper, concept papers and project proposals as requested by the Program Execution Manager or Coordination team.
- Ensure and follow up on project archiving and documentation in coordination with the related technical staff according to AAH archiving process.
- Ensure and follow up on the feeding of project data into the database system in coordination with the MEAL department.
- Review and adapt if necessary, job descriptions of project team in collaboration and coordination with the Program Execution Manager and Base Administrative Manager.
- Participate in the recruitment process for positions related to the project that are directly managed by the Head of Project.
- Prepare interim and final reports to the donor in collaboration with the Line Manager and the relevant Coordinator.
- Prepare the monthly activity progress report amongst others.
- Technical review of baseline/endline reports, studies, and assessment reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, humanities, business administration, management, project management or any related field; studies in international cooperation / development (highly desirable).
- At least six years’ experience in humanitarian and development programming; strong preference for experience in WASH, Shelter, and protection projects.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated project management, team management, and direct project implementation experience.
- Knowledge of shelter, protection, WASH, FSL, rehabilitation, and infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, monitoring, and evaluation tools and methods.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management.
- Knowledge of development programming and strategies implementation
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of programs/ activities is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including training, capacity building, and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Very good at reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Valid Driving License and proving driving skills.