Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Head of Project-ECHO Consortium
For a period of 3 months renewable
The Candidate will:
- Follow up the preparation of all project documents and tools including, but not limited to, questionnaires, community profile, MoUs, donation certificates with the project team
- Relationships with key actors; such as partners, authorities and civil society in order to ensure their implication in the successful implementation of the project.
- Follow up field visits carried out by project staff for assessment, beneficiaries’ identification, legal mapping, activities’ identification, implementation and monitoring.
- Follow up the design of the identified activities in coordination with the Engineering Specialist.
- Ensure timely implementation of the planned activities as identified in the project work plan and agreed with the Program Manager and Head of Base.
- Support the Program Manager to ensure the project experiences are capitalized and systematized through success stories, lessons learned, press releases when needed, methodology documents and capitalization reports.
- Monitor and follow Budget Follow Up, Treasury Forecast and develop internal control tools for budget management in coordination with the Administrative Manager
- Participate in the design and implementation of project related assessments, surveys or any other project identification studies
- Support donors and stakeholders’ visits to the field and coordinate with relevant stakeholders through preparation of agenda, printed materials (project fact sheet) and writing of visit report upon completion with clear photos.
- Participate in procurement preparation in coordination with logistics department and Engineering Specialist, including attending bids opening sessions, technical evaluation and selection of the best bidder, and finally follow up the contract to be fully achieved within the specific time frame.
- Ensure and follow up project archiving and documentation in coordination with the related technical staff according to AAH archiving process
- Ensure and follow up the feeding of project data into the database system in coordination with the Base responsible for Information Management & Data Analysis
- Review and adapt if necessary, job descriptions of project team in collaboration and coordination with the Program Manager and Base Administrative Manager.
- Participate in the recruitment process for positions related to the project that are directly managed by the Head of Project
- Prepare interim and final reports to the donor in collaboration with the Line Manager and the relevant Coordinator.
- Prepare the monthly activity progress report.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, Civil engineering or any related field; studies in international cooperation / development (highly desirable).
- At least three years’ experience in humanitarian or emergency programming; strong preference for experience in WASH, shelter and protection projects.
- Demonstrated experience in project design (logical framework), planning, monitoring and evaluation tools and methods.
- Demonstrated project management, team management and direct project implementation experience.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management
- Good Knowledge in shelter, protection, water and sanitation, rehabilitation and construction of infrastructure.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skill.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software.
- Ability to travel in West Bank and stay overnight.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applicants who applied for the first time will not be considered
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 15/10/2019
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.