Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Head of Project-Convenio
For a period of 12 months
The Candidate will:
- Prepare a detailed work plan with specific milestones and tasks indicating a defined project focal point.
- Prepare of all project documents and tools including, but not limited to; questionnaires, MoUs…
- Follow up the provision of activities’ documentation requested from partners including but not limited to; legal documents such as land ownership, registration of activity with relevant ministry, in accordance with Spanish Cooperation (AECID) rules and regulations.
- Follow up field visits carried out by project staff for assessment, beneficiary identification, legal mapping, activity identification, implementation and monitoring.
- Prepare and follow up donation certificate per activity with relevant party in accordance with AECID rules and regulations.
- Follow up the design and technical specifications of the identified activities in coordination with the Engineering Specialist and Livestock Specialist.
- Ensure quality assurance throughout the activity implementation cycle and final handover in coordination with the Engineering Specialist and Livestock Specialist.
- Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation system is carried out and is appropriate according to the objectives and indicators in the log frame of the project, in coordination with GIS and Database Officer– including M&E plan (endline and baseline). In addition, provision of support to any internal or external evaluation when needed.
- Follow up and monitor the design of ToR for studies and reports with project staff, and ensure the impact of soft component activities is reflected in specific reports.
- Support donors and stakeholders’ visits to the field and coordinate with relevant stakeholders through preparation of agenda, printed materials (project fact sheet) and writing of visit report upon completion - including photographs.
- Prepare each PAC (year) proposal in coordination with Line Manager and Technical Coordinator.
- Participate in the design of problem statements, position paper, concept papers and project proposals as requested by the Line Manager
- Prepare mid-term and final reports to the donor in collaboration with Head of Base and the Technical Coordinator.
- Prepare the monthly activity progress report.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor degree in Project management, or any related field; studies in international cooperation / development (highly desirable).
- At least three years’ experience in humanitarian or development programming; strong preference Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, social business and value chain projects
- Demonstrated experience in project design (logical framework), planning, monitoring and evaluation tools and methods.
- Demonstrated project management, team management and direct project implementation experience.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management
- Good knowledge in Project Cycle Management, and knowledge in humanitarian or development programming.
- Strong knowledge in Spanish donors’ rules and regulations/ Preferably AECID.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skill.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software.
- Ability to travel in West Bank and stay overnight.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 21st of November 2017.
PLEASE indicate the reference HOPC/TTPP/17/09 in all correspondence.
For Applicants previously applied, please do not re-send your application.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.