Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Head of Project
For a period of 7 months depending on donor’s funds
The Candidate is responsible for:
- Preparation of a detailed work plan with specific milestones and tasks indicating a defined project focal point.
- Preparation of all project documents and tools including, but not limited to; questionnaires, MoUs…
- Follow up the provision of activities’ documentation requested from partners.
- Relationships with key actors – including partners, authorities and civil society to ensure their active participation in the successful implementation of the project.
- Following up field visits carried out by project staff for assessment, beneficiary identification, legal mapping, activity identification, implementation and monitoring.
- Preparing and follow up donation certificate per activity with relevant party.
- Following up the design and technical specifications of the identified activities in coordination with the Engineering Specialist and Base responsible for Information Management & Data Analysis.
- Ensuring quality assurance throughout the activity implementation cycle and final handover in coordination with the Engineering Specialist and Base responsible for Information Management & Data Analysis.
- Ensuring timely implementation of the planned activities as identified in the project work plan and agreed with the Line Manager.
- Following up and monitor the design of ToR for studies and reports with project staff, and ensure the impact of soft component activities is reflected in specific reports
- Ensuring an appropriate monitoring and evaluation system is carried out and is appropriate according to the objectives and indicators in the log frame of the project, in coordination with Base responsible for Information Management & Data Analysis – including M&E plan (endline and baseline). In addition, provision of support to any internal or external evaluation when needed.
- Supporting the Program Manager to ensure the project experiences are capitalized and systematized through success stories, lessons learned, press releases when needed, methodology documents and capitalization reports.
- Supporting donors and stakeholders’ visits to the field and coordinate with relevant stakeholders through preparation of agenda, printed materials (project fact sheet) and writing of visit report upon completion - including photographs.
- Participating in the design and implementation of project related assessments, surveys or any other project identification studies.
- Participating in the design of problem statements, position paper, concept papers and project proposals as requested by the Line Manager.
- Preparing mid-term and final reports to the donor in collaboration with Line Manager.
- Preparing the monthly Activity Progress Report.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, urban planning or any related field. Master’s in international cooperation or environmental studies is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge in Project Cycle Management, and strong technical knowledge in WASH programming and implementation.
- At least three years’ experience in development or humanitarian programming; strong preference in WASH and community infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, monitoring, and evaluation tools and methods.
- Demonstrated project management, team management and direct project implementation experience in Area C.
- Experience in working with Local Governmental Units (village councils and municipalities).
- Experience in budget development and management is preferable
- Strong Reporting skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 07/10/2019
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.