Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Head of Project
For an initial period of 5 months according to the budget availability
The Candidate will:
- Preparation of a detailed work plan with specific milestones and tasks indicating a defined project focal point.
- Preparation of all project documents and tools including, but not limited to; questionnaires, MoUs…
- Follow up the provision of activities’ documentation requested from partners.
- Relationships with key actors – including partners, authorities and civil society to ensure their active participation in the successful implementation of the project.
- Follow up field visits carried out by project staff for assessment, beneficiary identification, legal mapping, activity identification, implementation and monitoring.
- Prepare and follow up donation certificate per activity with relevant party.
- Follow up the design and technical specifications of the identified activities in coordination with the Engineering Specialist and GIS and database officer.
- Ensure quality assurance throughout the activity implementation cycle and final handover in coordination with the Engineering Specialist and GIS and database officer.
- Ensure timely implementation of the planned activities as identified in the project work plan and agreed with the Line Manager.
- Follow up and monitor the design of ToR for studies and reports with project staff, and ensure the impact of soft component activities is reflected in specific reports
- Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation system is carried out and is appropriate according to the objectives and indicators in the log frame of the project, in coordination with GIS and Database Officer– including M&E plan (endline and baseline). In addition, provision of support to any internal or external evaluation when needed.
- Ensure the project experiences are capitalized and systematized through success stories, lessons learned, press releases when needed, methodology documents and capitalization reports.
- Support donors and stakeholders’ visits to the field and coordinate with relevant stakeholders through preparation of agenda, printed materials (project fact sheet) and writing of visit report upon completion - including photographs.
- Participate in the design and implementation of project related assessments, surveys or any other project identification studies.
- Participate in the design of problem statements, position paper, concept papers and project proposals as requested by the Line Manager.
- Prepare mid-term and final reports to the donor in collaboration with Line Manager.
- Prepare the monthly Activity Progress Report.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering, urban planning or any related field. Masters in international cooperation or environmental studies is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge in Project Cycle Management, and strong technical knowledge in WASH programming and implementation.
- At least three years’ experience in development or humanitarian programming; strong preference in WASH and community infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, monitoring, and evaluation tools and methods.
- Demonstrated project management, team management and direct project implementation experience in Area C.
- Experience in working with Local Governmental Units (village councils and municipalities).
- Experience in budget development and management is preferable
- Strong Reporting skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 22nd of May 2018.
This position is pending donor approval.
PLEASE indicate the reference HOP/TTPP/18/05 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.