Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office a
Head of Programs
For a period of 12 months renewable
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensure his/her team properly design and adapt activities to the context, needs and quality standards
- Ensure his/her team develop and use coherent project management tools including work plan, budget follow up tools, written guidelines, beneficiary data bases etc.
- Ensure optimal communication, information sharing and data flow between the technical Pool and the implementation teams and set up information sharing as well as coordination mechanisms to do so.
- Develop Hebron base programming strategy for FSL, WASH and protection programming in collaboration with Head of Base (HoB) and Deputy Country Director (DCD).
- Support the HoB and organization in following and understanding programmatic approaches of other actors in the area (national and international)
- Develop a yearly programming action plan for Hebron base based upon the mission strategy.
- Propose and promote the use of and/or development of new and innovative technical approaches; identify risks and opportunities.
- Seek to improve the organisation’s technical expertise within the mission as well as strengthening the relevance and impact of AAH programs.
- Develop coaching and learning plans for the identified weaknesses within the team and ensure each team member can gradually fulfil all his responsibilities.
- Contribute substantially to the Cluster and Sector work to prepare the development and review of the annual Humanitarian Programme Cycle (HPC) documents.
- Participate as per need in representing AAH towards donors in support to the HoB and/or Country Director (CD) as well as DCD.
- Participate in the technical representation of AAH to line ministries, including but not limited to the Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Labour, and Palestinian Water authority when relevant.
- Support the development and application of AAH partnership strategy in West Bank with local and international organizations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- University or master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. social sciences, economics, international development, or any related field).
- At least 5 years of professional experience and leadership in management and coordination of humanitarian programs, operations, and team.
- At least 5 years of direct experience in implementing emergency and development interventions (principles, standards, and coordination), monitoring and evaluation of projects, and grants management.
- At least 3 years of direct experience leading assessments, project design and proposal writing, including budget development.
- Proven experience in coordinating and advocating with international NGOs, local NGOs, clusters, authorities and donors regarding projects implementation, strategic planning and programing approaches.
- Strong Reporting skills: Program Design and Proposal writing experience (preferably for ECHO, AICS, GAC, OCHA, AECID, UNICEF, EU, etc.…)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience and/or technical knowledge of AAH sectors of intervention (WASH, FSL, Shelter, Education and protection).
- Good understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability.
- Gender mainstreaming and minimum standards in humanitarian sector.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 14/05/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.