مؤسـسة أطباء بلا حدود - إسبانيا
Head of Mission Advisor
Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent humanitarian medical aid organization committed to two objectives: providing medical aid whenever needed, regardless of race, religion, politics or gender, and raising awareness of the plight of the people who helps. MSF is working in more than 70 countries all around the world.
MSF Spain in Hebron District provides medical (mobile clinics) and mental health services (psychotherapy, counseling, psycheducation) and runs health and mental health promotion activities, capacity building for health personnel, as well as, community trainings. MSF Spain is planning to scale up activities in the Gaza Strip, as result of the recent conflict escalation.
MSF-Spain is currently seeking a Head of Mission Advisor for its mission. The position will be based in Jerusalem, but frequent travel is required for representation, supervision, gap filling in project locations in Hebron or Gaza.
Main purpose of the position:
The HoM Advisor will work closely with the HoM and the coordination team to ensure that strategic and operational ambitions are met, ensure continuity and strengthen the MSF Spain representation, context analysis and security management, as well as, participates in the strategic program management.
- Undertakes country level actor mapping looking at national, provincial and regional (as relevant) authorities and conflict dynamics and support HoM with context analysis.
- Develops and maintain a network of contacts in order to share information on the context, follow trends, identify new risks and threats.
- Maintains an understanding of how MSF is perceived by health professionals, population and relevant actors (political, armed groups, religious authorities…).
- Produces context analysis briefings highlighting the latest social, economic, political and security trends with (potential) impact on the security and humanitarian contexts. Map actors, community key-individuals and (ethnic) groups customary and political structures.
- Analyzes impact of local dynamics on project staff’s safety and security as well as impact on population at large.
- In her/his advisory capacity, review, propose updates and advise the HoM in implementing the Country Security Plan, risk analysis/risk reduction measures, in accordance with MSF Security Policy.
- Assists the HoM in dissemination of relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for MSF internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organizational activities and individual behaviors.
- Supports the HoM in official representation. Upon delegation, represent MSF in meetings.
- Participates actively to the negotiation of access, identify gaps that prevent MSF to operate.
- Liaises with local potential stakeholders and help the HoM to create, reinforce and maintain links with local leaders and authorities.
- Advises on and be involved in the negotiations, finalization and maintenance of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between MSF and the Government / any other institution involved.
- On request of the HoM, fill gaps for Field Coordinators
- Participates in the elaboration of different mission strategic documents, contributing to the mission´s strategic planning and objectives (Annual Plan, Sitreps, Advocacy and Communication).
- Raises security awareness among the staff through regular meetings on security context.
- Writes up reports on each security incident affecting MSF personnel and monitors its aftermath. Introduce actor-mapping methodology that can be independently maintained (regularly updated and improved) for each project.
- Supports and coach coordination team members and project coordinators, on culturally sensitive manner of representation to local contacts, provide advice and support as needed evolution/challenges faced. Perform the context and security briefings for newly hired personnel (international and coordination national team).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University Degree in International Politics, Public Heath or another related field.
- Essential experience working in humanitarian programs in the occupied Palestinian territories.
- Demonstrated capacity for analysis, networking and negotiation.
- Preferred experience working with MSF or other international organization / INGO in positions of responsibility in oPt. Humanitarian experience abroad is desirable.
- Minimum 7 years experience in positions of gradual responsibility in the fields of humanitarian program management and /or other technical humanitarian positions.
- Ability to travel in West Bank and Israel
English, Arabic, Hebrew.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- Strategic vision.
- People Management and Development.
- Service Orientation.
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
Salary: Level 12, according to MSF national Jerusalem function grade
Vacancy Type: Local recruitment
Eligible to Apply: West Bank or Jerusalem ID holders
Starting Date: 1st September