Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Head of MEAL Unit
For a period of 8 months renewable
The Candidate is responsible for:
- Lead the development and oversee the roll-out of the MEAL system and ensure appropriate implementation according to the objectives and indicators in the log frame of each project.
- Lead the development of M&E tools and plans.
- Analyse data extracted from the database and present results that allow Program and Heads of Projects to recommend adjustment of specific project elements.
- Oversee the process of data collection, analysis and reporting in cooperation with MEAL officer, Head of Project, and field officers.
- Ensure projects’ activities including direct implementation are monitored on a regular basis for quality standards through scheduled visits, data quality audits, spot check/verification visits against reports.
- Design M&E plan and other activities subcontracted to counterparts, if any.
- Manage the database and follow up on any future improvements that might be needed (database model, design, dashboards, etc…)
- Report and present on data and technical quality issues including data quality assessment measures, means of verification, etc. to ensure data collected for project are accurate and reliable
- Develop the tools for loading/transferring GIS data between different systems
- Produce visual documents (map layouts, graphs) to be used for external communication (donor relations, proposals, reports, cluster support, advocacy support etc).
- Oversee the execution of AAH beneficiary feedback and complaint mechanism
- Ensure beneficiaries and partners have constant information about AAH programs and feedback mechanism
- Prepare regular monitoring reports including ongoing data analysis with status of implementation progress
- Provide basic training to relevant staff in the management of the information and use of softwares and tools.
- Ensure that MEAL resources are included in proposal development
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in in social sciences, information technology, education, economics or relevant field with at least five years of experience.
- Evidence- based knowledge in principles, tools and practices of monitoring and evaluation programs.
- Knowledge in statistics / ME activities & design
- Knowledge of commonly used probability and purposive sampling techniques
- At least five years of experience in emergency, humanitarian, or development context; monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong results orientation, analysis skills.
- Ability to present complex monitoring information
- Highly developed communication skills including influencing, negotiation and experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Experience in data analysis (qualitative and quantitative) and reporting skills.
- Previous field experience in assessments, data gathering, interviews and information triangulation/verification
- Previous experience conducting focus group discussion would be an asset
- Experience with hardware, software such as ODK, KOBO, POWER BI etc…, and computer systems and processes.
- Very good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 04/12/2019
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.