Bank of Palestine is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of “Head of Legal Department”
The head of legal acts as the primary contact within the bank’s legal team and is expected to build strong and amicable relationships with internal and external parties.
As a Head of the department, the role of the position will be to lead the provision of required legal advice to the Management and other staff, as may be required during the business.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- To meet the head of the legal job description, a professional should have a law degree and Hold at least a master’s degree or its equivalent in Law.
- Familiar with Palestinian, and Israeli laws and international laws.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in similar jobs, preferably with a reputable international law firm, a legal department of a private or public entity, or an international financial institution with proven technical competence and experience in international finance and banking practice.
- High-level skills in communication and negotiation as well as the ability to build partnerships with a broad range of clients and deliver results that meet the needs of the Legal Service Department’s work program.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Seasoned knowledge of the current trend of development and familiarity with international law, and related matters within the Bank and other international organizations.
- Strong skills in the preparation of complex legal documents including briefs and confidential legal opinions, preparing certificates, leading the negotiation of complex projects and programs, and other transactions of a similar nature.
- Capacity to conceive and supervise the negotiation of complex legal documents of all types and forms that balance the standards and norms of outside parties with the unique requirements of the Bank.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and Arabic.
- Holds a Palestinian ID.
- Experience in applying legal knowledge to deliver the full scope of strategic legal services.
- Effective consulting and advisory skills that enable the management and help resolve their legal questions.
- Ability to work and deal with sensitive issues in a multicultural environment.
- Providing strategic direction and leading the development of the Bank’s strategy in legal services management to ensure that it is managed with a long-term perspective and that it’s linked to the strategy of the Bank.
- Organizing and establishing day-to-day management of the Bank’s legal staff and processes in line with agreed objectives, policies, and procedures and the Bank’s strategic plan.
- Review and sign legal documentation as prepared by the Bank’s lawyers.
- Guide the proper application and interpretation of laws and regulations applicable to the Bank’s business and ensure adequate controls to mitigate legal and other risks or concerns that may arise to it.
- Establish and maintain effective legal processes to ensure the timely delivery of all required business documentation and foster the development of appropriate forms of standardized documentation.
- Coordinate the engagement of external legal consultants to ensure full commitment and benefit, as well as follow up with the Bank’s external lawyers, providing the management with reports regularly, focusing on the achievement of their performance.
- Representing the Bank internally and externally in negotiations, disputes, consultations, and other proceedings that require legal representation.
- Carry out such other tasks as may be assigned by Senior Management.
For interested candidates, please submit a job application at: https://bankofpalestine.com/career no later than Sunday, Febreuary 12, 2023, and quote “Head of Legal Department” on the vacancy field.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.