General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
The Head of Jerusalem West Bank (JWB) Office, under the supervision of the Multi-Country Delegation (MCD) Representative based in Amman, Jordan and in close collaboration with the MCD Coordination team based either in Amman or in Jerusalem as well as with the Head of Gaza Office, will ensure the following core set of tasks, on behalf of Terre des hommes (Tdh), within West Bank (WB) territories of Palestine:
- Strong External Engagement of Tdh in the West Bank and Representation of Tdh in Palestine, including active Advocacy and Communication activities;
- Supervision and management of the project(s) implemented in West Bank; And development of the current portfolio through active fundraising;
- Internal and External coordination with other Tdh MCD’ offices, Donors, (I)NGOs, Partners and Ministries and other national authorities’ bodies;
- Daily logistic and administrative matters related to Jerusalem Office and field program implementation.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
Terre des hommes Lausanne (Tdh) opened its delegations in Palestine in 1973 and in Jordan in 2007. Since the end of 2019, both delegations have been gathered under one common entity, a Multi-Countries Delegation (MCD).
The main coordination office of the MDC is in Amman (Jordan) and there are 3 sub-offices (1 in Irbid (Jordan), 1 in Jerusalem and 1 Gaza (Palestine)) in addition of several others implementing venues through local partners.
The MCD comprises around 50 employees and 10 volunteers. All volunteers and around 40 employees are in Jordan, mainly based in the North where most of the activities are implemented, and around 10 employees are in Palestine, mainly based in Gaza where most of the activities are implemented.
The MCD is, is having at the beginning of 2020 a total budget around2.5 million USD, funded by BMZ, ECHO, UNOCHA, UNICEF, JHF, MEPI and Tdh funds.
In both countries, Tdh implements a resilience-based approach aiming to strength the whole system for the benefit of refugee communities and vulnerable host communities. Thus, Tdh provides support to children, youth, family/caregiver and communities while working on capacity development of key local – formal and informal – actors.
Over the decades, Tdh - one of the Child Protection leading agency in Jordan and Palestine - has developed specific expertise in Migration, Access to Justice (A2J) and Child Labor (CL) programs - via projects implemented through direct implementation – centers and mobile units - and recognized local partners.
The Head of Jerusalem, West Bank (JWB) Office is a new position - reporting directly to the MCD Country Representative, based in Amman and working in close daily collaboration with the MCD Program Coordinator – who will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Program design, planning, implementation and strategy
- Under the supervision of the MCD Representative and in close collaboration with all MCD Coordinators, take active part to the review of the MCD global Strategy, Palestine country strategy and the related Action Plans;
- In close collaboration with the MCD Program Coordinator, takes the lead in designing and writing the project concept notes and proposals for WB, and all their annexes, as per the requirements of the donors and in line with the above-mentioned MCD and Country strategies;
- Supervises the implementation of projects within West Bank, as well as the support services (Log., Q&A and Admin) related resources based in Jerusalem Office; The dotted/functional management lines of these positions are at level of MCD Coordinators;
- With the support of the MCD Grants and Reporting Officer and in coordination with all MCD Coordinators, undertake the narrative, and financial reports for donors as required, in a timely manner; as well as for the development of any kind of project(s) documents like Tdh internal reports, communication material, etc.;
External coordination and representation
- Ensures overall Tdh coordination with the Palestinian and Israeli governments, the UN agencies and other local and international NGOs, including sharing of information and reporting as required by those actors;
- Ensures active presence of Tdh in relevant Humanitarian Coordination meetings at National and Local level (general and sector based) in order to ensure Tdh’s aims and activities are shared with humanitarian partners; and that a proper dataflow/information restitution within the MCD Senior Management Team (SMT), and with other colleagues where appropriate, is done;
- Develops synergies and partnerships with the rest of national and international actors present in the area, including Academic partners;
Internal coordination and reporting
- Participates as an active member – in person or at least virtually - in all coordination meetings as set by the Internal Meeting Set-Up of the MCD;
- In close collaboration with Gaza’ Head of Office, ensures the accurate flow of operational information, and mechanisms of coordination, between WB and Gaza offices;
- In close collaboration with Gaza’ Head of Office, produces a joint monthly situation report for Palestine, as per the Tdh online format, within the timeframe set out in the Reporting Mechanism defined by the MCD Representative;
Advocacy and Communication
- With the support of the MCD Communication Advisor, contributes actively to the development of communication and visibility of the projects under his/her responsibility (project communication plans, social networks (including Facebook, Instagram and LinkdIn), leaflets, posters, campaigns, one-pagers, etc);
- Develops actively and very regularly local awareness raising and advocacy campaign as well as position papers;
- Actively takes part to Aida Network sessions and contributes to the advocacy messages;
- Ensure a very good visibility/exposure of Tdh through active and regular participation to the key events organised in West Bank from exhibitions and receptions, to conferences organised by UN, Embassies and others (I)NGOs, not forgetting Clusters and Aida network as above-mentioned;
General Administration and Logistics for Jerusalem Office
- In close collaboration with the MCD Logistics and Security Coordinator (based in Amman), ensures that Tdh staff based or in mission within West Bank are aware of and respects Tdh security rules and procedures;
- Receives primary indications for security matters from a variety of external sources (Inter-agency coordination, INGOs, staff, beneficiaries) and share, as relevant with MCD Representative, MCD Logistics and Security Coordinator, Gaza Head of Office and the rest of the Palestine team;
- Under the lead of the MCD Logistics and Security Coordinator ensure a regular update of 1. Security plan documents, 2. Reporting of staff lists for UN evacuation plan, and 3. Existence and correct update of emergency kits when necessary or required.
- Ensure a proper filing and documentation of all logistic and administration procedures in line with Tdh standards and procedures;
- In collaboration with the MCD Logistic and Security Coordinator handles procurement requests with efficiency and in compliance with the institutional standards, through an organized system of purchasing goods and services: orders, tracking, taking delivery, any customs, clearance, conformity checks and budget check;
- In collaboration with the MCD Logistic and Security Coordinator manage the rental, service and supplies contracts, and take proper measures to renew, renegotiate or change terms when needed;
- In collaboration with FAHR Coordinator, proceed with payments for the authorities and other parties in Jerusalem and West Bank;
- Establish and maintain an updated asset and equipment list for Jerusalem office on a monthly basis and handle the office and equipment maintenance (computers, printers, photocopiers. Etc), including car license and insurance.
* Reference document : Tdh Competency Framework
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- Represents and explains the mission and projects of Tdh;
- Acts as a complexity reducer by translating the organizational strategy into clear priorities, goals and operational actions;
- Builds links, maintains relationships or puts an end to them, as required to keep moving forward
- Warrants and respects the rules, the processes and the correct usage of institutional tools;
- Works according to the common criteria, which are to be known and validated by all parties.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements for the position
Education / Qualifications
University (Master) degree in relevant field
At least 5 years of work experience with an INGO in Palestine is mandatory;
At least 3 years of experience in a coordination position with a significant role of external representation/engagement;
Experience in child protection/protection is a strong asset.
Strong experience in networking and developing local partnerships;
Previous relevant experience and extensive knowledge of project design and experience in project development;
Availability to travel everywhere in WB, Gaza and to Jordan when required.
Languages and others skills
Excellent oral and writing skills in English;
Arabic and Hebrew are an asset;
Outgoing and Outspoken personality, Excellent communication skills;
Strong ability to write quality position paper, advocacy paper, communication paper, etc.
Objectives for the upcoming period to be completed on the appraisal interview form with the hierarchical line
Interested candidates may apply by e-mail at [email protected]