Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization representing the Catholic Church's socio-pastoral services in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War, Caritas Jerusalem has beneficiaries from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 162 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries.
Caritas Jerusalem is committed to ensuring that all individuals we encounter through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by Caritas Internationalis Management Standards (CIMS). We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and always adhere to Caritas Jerusalem Code of Conduct Policies and values. Team members must sign the Code of Conduct upon hire and be trained on the Safeguarding Policy.
For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Head of Finance
Contract Period: 12 months, with the possibility of extension(s).
Location: Jerusalem headquarters office
Starting date: ASAP
Deadline: September 25th 2023
- Provide leadership, management, and oversight for all fiscal financial activities, including general accounting, cost accounting, budgetary controls, financial analysis and forecast, budget plans, cash flow monitoring, and periodic report
- Train, supervise, and evaluate finance personnel.
- Oversee digital fiscal management system, including ongoing analysis of software needs and development.
- Implement fiscal policies and accountability and control procedures and analyze and report variances.
- Coordinate developing CJ's annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Follow up on budget implementation on a regular basis. Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of CJ to include budgeting, tax planning, properties, and conservation of assets.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, and financial risk management activities.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
- Develop and direct the implementation of CJ strategic and operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Cash flow management including analyzing cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide CJ leadership. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve on CJ’s senior management committees and other committees.
- Coordinate with the internal auditor to ensure his/ her work is facilitated.
- Review and respond to management points raised by the external auditor.
- Follow up on issuance of the audited financial statements of CJ.
- Other duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A minimum of a Master's degree in accounting, finance, or any related professional certificate (CPA, CA, CFA, CIA).
- 8-10 years experience in accounting, finance, or any related field in a managerial position.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- An ability to manage a team and function within a working unit in full coordination.
- Deep commitment to the Catholic church mission.
- Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Valid Jerusalem driver’s license.
المسمى الوظيفي Head of Finance
آخر موعد للتقديم 25 - Sep - 2023
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني إدارة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 8 Years
Candidates who meet the requirements mentioned above will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة مؤسسة كاريتاس القدس Caritas Jerusalem
Field Logistics Coordinator
رام الله والبيرة
Procurement& Logistics Officer
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer
Meal and Communication Officer
4, Aug, 2022
4, Aug, 2022
7, Jul, 2022