Gynecologist/Obstetrician (Limited Duration Contract)
Deadline for Applications 31 August 2020
Contract type & Duration
Limited Duration Contract- expiry date 31 December 2020 including 3 months’ probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continued need of the post.
Vacancy Announcement Number VN/WB/074/2020/X
Duty Station & Department Qalqilia Hospital– Health Department
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA’s human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency’s operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 4,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees.
Supervisor and Technical Guidance:
The incumbent of this post reports to the Director of Qalqilia Hospital
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Examines and treats women with Gynecological and/or Obstetrical problems referred to the out-patient department or admitted to the maternity ward of the hospital.
- Performs rounds and follows up on patients admitted to the Gynecology or Obstetrics department.
- Supervises the maternity ward and performs surgical Gynecological/Obstetrical operations as and when required.
- Attends to the pre-operative and post-operative care of surgical cases in the department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Performs all obstetrics and gynecological procedures to patients admitted to the hospital in emergency ground.
- Take part in the on-call system in the hospital as decided by hospital director.
- Provide assistance to all delivery cases in the maternity ward in need of such assistance.
- Provides necessary education, training and guidance to the Residents(s) and other staff his department.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Conditions of service
- The incumbent’s final salary will be subject to the candidate’s experience and qualifications
- Six days / week from 7:30-14:00
Other benefits include:
✔ Dependency Allowances payable and other benefits+ (Medical Insurance) & Currency Adjustment Factor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
A university degree in medicine from medical school recognized by UNRWA.
A post graduate degree in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
A valid license to practice Gynecology and Obstetrics in WB.
At least two years of experience in Gynecology and Obstetrics after having obtained a special degree Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Good command of written and spoken English & Arabic
- Will be required to attend any emergencies in Qalqilia Hospital after duty hours.
- Possession of a driving license valid in the country of duty station.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة