Brief Description of the organization:
The Salesians of Don Bosco are a Catholic Congregation whose presence is widespread and well-established all over the World with thousands of Salesian centres: Its founder, St John Bosco, made of youth empowerment and education the main order’s mission, paying particular attention on most vulnerable, marginalized and downtrodden kids and young people. In the Middle East, Salesians have been working with and for young people since 1892; they’re present with vocational and primary schools and youth centres in Palestine, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria. In Bethlehem the Salesians manage the Salesian Technical School and the annex Vocational Training centre, which offer schooling and vocational training paths in a variety of streams as Electricity, Electronics, Autotronics, Mechanics, Turning, Carpentry etc.
Guidance and Employment Officer– Salesian technical School Bethlehem
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Analysing trends and evolution of the local labour market and conducting continuous research about trends and opportunities presented by the local labour market through:
- Regular updating of a local enterprises database and map;
- Drafting of yearly reports about local market needs, based on interviews, meetings and feedback sessions with at least 20 companies in the reference areas;
- Facilitating a fruitful match between professional skills supply and labour market demand in order to increase the employment rate of STS and VTC students and former students, through:
- Identifying local companies’ needs in terms of staff training in order to offer them and promote tailored courses, to be held both in the school and in the enterprises;
- Organization of field training experiences for students within enterprises
- Ensure support and counseling to prospective, current and former students in their job research path:
- Providing counseling career guidance to STS/VTC students and former students, helping and counseling them in finding a proper job in the local labour market.
- Organizing open days and awareness raising sessions with prospective students about TVET opportunities and paths.
- Providing Consultancy to the students in writing their CVs and promoting soft skills-building activities for STS and VTC students and former students
- Updating students on job and internship opportunities through a 15-day newsletter.
- Establishment of a Tracing and information system for STS and VTC former students:
- Realization of detailed annual surveys to investigate placement trends of graduates
- Keeping update registers and information regarding students and graduates’ profiles
- Cooperate with the School and the Salesian Middle East Planning and development office in producing and sharing tailored information on students and graduates based on any additional or specific requests and needs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience:
- Hold a university or college degree preferably in Guidance and Counseling, Educational Psychology, Business Administration, engineering specialties
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience in relevant and related positions
- Be Proactive, have excellent communication and relational skills.
Language and Computer skills:
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is required
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office functions and utilization
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter (both in English), together with the contact details of at least three professional references to “[email protected]” indicating as subject “Guidance and Employment Officer Salesian School Bethlehem”
All applications must be received no later than 25th October 2019
“The Salesians of Don Bosco” is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant will receive less favorable treatment on grounds of gender, race, nationality, color, ethnic origin, sexuality, class, disability, health status, marital status, responsibility for dependents, religion or belief, and age.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirement will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.