(position is contingent on funding)
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (MELC)
Reports to/Position Title: The GRIT Project Manager
Location: West Bank and Jerusalem
2. GRIT Project Summary:
The LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 5-year technical and vocational education project implemented in partnership with Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) in the West Bank and Jerusalem. CLWR is a longstanding partner and supporter of LWF’s Vocational Training Program. The project is integrated into LWFs Vocational Training Program (VTP), established in 1948, with training centers in Beit Hanina and Ramallah. The ultimate expected outcome of the GRIT project is improved and equitable learning and employment outcomes for women and girls, including women with disabilities, in East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
3. Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Coordinator will support the overall monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management of a technical and vocational project implemented in partnership with the Project. The position aims at creating tools and systems to enhance impact monitoring, quality control and evaluation in order to ensure delivery of results, knowledge, awareness and promote learning and best practices.
4. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close partnership with the CLWR Gender and MEL Officer to:
- Develop a comprehensive overall monitoring and evaluation framework, toolkits including performance indicators and benchmarks for each pillar (access, skills, systems) of the project to measure progress made towards achieving results, compliance with donor requirements, and overall accountability and best practices.
- Processing and analyzing data, and reporting on aggregated results and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Draw conclusions useful for advocacy and policy work.
- In close collaboration with consultants develop the baseline, midline, and endline tools
- Train the staff to utilize the monitoring and evaluation tools and roll them out.
- Introduce a standardized information management system accessible to staff to extract data on the project.
- Organize annual learning events to reflect on achievements of set objectives, and to share best practices among project staff.
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
6. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
- At least 6 years of experience in developing systems and tools for monitoring and evaluation and learning, preferably with an INGO
- Knowledge of and experience with social research methods
- Strong skills in data collection and analysis and an ability to clearly articulate data and findings to a variety of audiences
- Good knowledge of program and project management cycle and demonstrated ability to support the project and its staff to achieve high quality, accountability, good planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- High level of conceptual, strategic thinking, solid research and analytical capabilities.
- Effective diplomacy, facilitative, collaborative, communicative, representational and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Proven ability to take initiative, learn quickly, and be accountable for results.
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Former experience in Technical Vocational Education is an advantage
- Experience working with development projects funded by international donors, preferably Global Affairs Canada, is an advantage
- Strong computer skills, including software relevant to MEL
7. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues
- A pedagogic approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things
- Attention to detail and a curious attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure, ability to take initiatives
8. Success Factors:
Ability to work collaboratively and inspire learning based on experience to interact effectively with colleagues, and ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and process information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
9. Covering responsibilities:
Not expected to cover for other positions
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة