Position type and closing date:
Full time position, National Position.
Reports to: The GRIT Project Manager
Closing date for applications:3rd of October 2022
GRIT Project Summary:
Gender-Responsive and Inclusive Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in the West Bank (“GRIT”) is a six-year project (2019-2025) funded by the Canadian Government and implemented by the Lutheran World Federation Jerusalem Program (LWF Jerusalem) in partnership with Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR).
The ultimate objective of the GRIT project is to achieve improved and equitable learning and employment outcomes for women and girls, including women with disabilities (WWD), in the West Bank. This objective will be achieved by improving access for women to training opportunities, strengthening the functional and technical skills of trainees, and bolstering the the gender-responsiveness and inclusiveness of the broader Palestinian TVET system.
The Project will be implemented through LWF’s Vocational Training Program in the Beit Hanina (LWF-VTC) and in Ramallah (LWF-VTCR) and through a number of local TVET institutes throughout the West Bank in order to provide wide geographic coverage. The Project will directly benefit a total of 17,250 women and girls.
Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
The Gender and Inclusion Officer will support the overall implementation of a technical and vocational project implemented in partnership with the Canadian Lutheran World Relief in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The GIO is responsible for ensuring that gender equality and inclusion of people with disabilities are considered at all stages of the project cycle. They are also responsible for training staff, partner organizations, and other TVET stakeholders on gender equality and inclusion, providing technical advice, and promoting public awareness about the participation of women and the inclusion of women with disabilities in the labor force market and in particular in the technical vocational sector. The GIO will also actively participate in the implementation of key activities related to gender equality and inclusion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide advice, and technical guidance to the Project Manager and project staff to support the implementation of gender-responsive and inclusive programming
- Lead and train project staff, VTP staff, LWF staff, guidance counsellors, teachers, administrators and, partner institutes staff, and other TVET stakeholders on gender equality and inclusion topics
- Coordinate closely with GRIT project staff to implement project activities and advance gender responsive and inclusive programming
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of policy framework in cooperation with partner institutes
- Compile and share a collection of best practices and lessons learned in gender responsive and inclusive education/vocational training with the GRIT Team
- Keep abreast of gender and social inclusion issues and advise project staff on roles, responsibilities, and access to services and livelihoods opportunities for women and women with disabilities.
- Contribute to work plans, reports and other key project documents to ensure that gender and inclusion are adequately represented
- Work with the project MEL Coordinator and CLWR Gender and MEL Officer to develop gender equality and inclusion indicators and ensure the gender responsiveness and inclusion of the M&E framework
- In cooperation with the project management, analyze the key project stakeholders, including partner TVET institutes, NGOs/CSOs and government counterparts; assess their capacity and identify capacity building needs in relation to gender roles and vulnerable groups roles and needs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of 3 years of technical and/or field level experience with gender equality and inclusion programming.
- BA in a relevant field.
- Understanding of gender responsive and human rights-based approaches to programming, particularly women’s economic empowerment and inclusive education
- Experience delivering training, including preparation of training materials in the fields of Gender responsiveness and inclusion.
- Familiarity with organizations serving women and people with disabilities, and experience building connections with organizations at different levels such as, CBOs, CSOs, and others
- Experience working to change organizational culture, introduce new perceptions, and challenge stereotypes and cultural norms relating to gender and ability
- High level of conceptual, strategic thinking, solid research and analytical capabilities
- Effective diplomacy, critical, analytical, facilitative and communicative, representational and reporting skills.
- Able to work collaboratively, inspire learning based on experience, work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Experience working with development projects funded by international donors, preferably Global Affairs Canada
- Proven ability to take initiative, learn quickly, and be accountable for results.
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Knowledge of local and regional groups serving women and people with disability is beneficial.
- Good knowledge of program and project management cycle and demonstrated ability to support the project and its staff to achieve high quality, accountability, good planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Prior experience in an international organization or private sector
Familiarity or former experience in working with Canadian funded projects.
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues and cooperate
- A pedagogic approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things
- Attention to detail and a curious attitude
- Willingness to travel to other governorates targeted by the project
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure, ability to take initiatives
8. Success Factors:
Ability to work collaboratively and inspire learning based on experience to interact effectively with colleagues, and ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and process information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below