This is a re-advertisement and who applied before shouldn’t apply again.
(position is contingent on funding)
Position Title: GRIT Gender and Inclusion Officer
Reports to/Position Title: GRIT Project Manager
Location: West Bank and Jerusalem
2. GRIT Project Summary:
The LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 5-year technical and vocational education project implemented in partnership with Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) in the West Bank and Jerusalem. CLWR is a longstanding partner and supporter of LWF’s Vocational Training Program. The project is integrated into LWFs Vocational Training Program (VTP), established in 1948, with training centers in Beit Hanina and Ramallah. The ultimate expected outcome of the GRIT project is improved and equitable learning and employment outcomes for women and girls, including women with disabilities, in East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
3. Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
The Gender and Inclusion Officer will support the overall implementation of a technical and vocational project implemented in partnership with the Canadian Lutheran World Relief in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The GIO is responsible for ensuring that gender equality and inclusion of people with disabilities are considered at all stages of the project cycle. They are also responsible for training staff, partner organizations, and other TVET stakeholders on gender equality and inclusion, providing technical advice, and promoting public awareness about the participation of women and the inclusion of women with disabilities in the labor force market and in particular in the technical vocational sector. The GIO will also actively participate in the implementation of key activities related to gender equality and inclusion.
4. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide advice, and technical guidance to the Project Manager and project staff on the implementation of the key gender and inclusion components in the project.
- Train project staff, VTP staff, LWF staff, guidance counsellors, teachers, administrators and other TVET stakeholders on gender and inclusion mainstreaming.
- Support the development of a short policy which provides a framework for the work of the project staff on gender mainstreaming, using consultants or other resources as necessary.
- Develop and disseminate a collection of good practice examples of gender mainstreaming in different aspects of the project, as well as compile lessons learned.
- Keep abreast of gender and social inclusion issues so as to advise project staff on roles, responsibilities, and access to services and livelihoods opportunities for women and women with disabilities.
Work with the project MEL Coordinator and CLWR Gender and MEL Officer to develop gender equality and inclusion indicators and ensure the gender responsiveness and inclusion of the M&E framework
- Provide key project deliverables such as a sample gender policy and guidelines for effective gender-responsive and inclusive communications
- In cooperation with the project management, analyze the key project stakeholders, including partner TVET institutes, NGOs/CSOs and government counterparts; assess their capacity and identify capacity building needs in relation to gender roles and vulnerable groups roles and needs.
- Build connections with organizations serving women and people with disabilities in order to strengthen the project and contribute to the sustainability of project results
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
6. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of technical and/or field level experience with gender equality and inclusion programming.
- Experience working to change organizational culture, introduce new perceptions, and challenge stereotypes and cultural norms relating to gender and ability.
- High level of conceptual, strategic thinking, solid research and analytical capabilities.
- Effective diplomacy, critical, analytical, facilitative and communicative, representational and reporting skills.
- Able to work collaboratively, inspire learning based on experience, work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Experience working with development projects funded by international donors, preferably Global Affairs Canada
- Proven ability to take initiative, learn quickly, and be accountable for results.
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Knowledge of local and regional groups serving women and people with disability is beneficial.
- Good knowledge of program and project management cycle and demonstrated ability to support the project and its staff to achieve high quality, accountability, good planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Prior experience in an international organization or private sector.
- Familiarity or former experience in working with USAID or Canadian funded projects.
7. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues
- A pedagogic approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things
- Attention to detail and a curious attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure, ability to take initiatives
8. Success Factors:
Ability to work collaboratively and inspire learning based on experience to interact effectively with colleagues, and ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and process information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
9. Covering responsibilities:
Not expected to cover for other positions
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة