(position is contingent on funding)
Position Title: Deputy Project Manager
Reports to/Position Title: The GRIT Project Manager
Location: West Bank and Jerusalem
2. GRIT Project Summary:
The LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 5-year technical and vocational education project implemented in partnership with Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) in the West Bank and Jerusalem. CLWR is a longstanding partner and supporter of LWF’s Vocational Training Program. The project is integrated into LWFs Vocational Training Program (VTP), established in 1948, with training centers in Beit Hanina and Ramallah. The ultimate expected outcome of the GRIT project is improved and equitable learning and employment outcomes for women and girls, including women with disabilities, in East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
3. Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
In close cooperation and collaboration with the Project Manager, the Deputy Project Manager assists in the management of the project, provides technical direction and assists in the overall leadership of the project and its staff, and works to ensure successful implementation of the project. In the absence of the Project Manager, the Deputy Project Manager will fill be acting Project Manager.
4. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Manager to manage costs, plan quality implementation of activities to meet donor’s requirements and expectations
- Provide guidance, direction and oversight to the implementation of activities
- Allocate resources to ensure completion of project objectives within budgetary and scheduling guidelines while upholding high technical standards of implementation
- Work with key project staff on developing a project timeline and annual work plans that identify key objectives of the project and ensure their timely implementation, and workable solutions to address any challenges with implementation and issues with outreach to communities
- Ensure proper professional relationships with community leaders, local NGOs and other Community Based Organizations (such as TVET, Women’s organizations and Youth organizations)
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- N/A except when acting as Project Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
6. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in management of staff and development projects, management cycle and demonstrated ability to support program and its staff to achieve high quality, accountability, good planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Able to achieve results without direct management line, working with colleagues, partner and networks.
- Effective diplomacy, critical, analytical, facilitative and communicative, representational and reporting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Proven ability to take initiative, learn quickly, and be accountable for results.
- Fluency in English and in Arabic
- Former experience in Technical Vocational Education is an advantage
- Experience working with development projects funded by international donors, preferably Global Affairs Canada
- Good knowledge of international actors and key national coordination mechanisms is an advantage
7. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues
- A pedagogic approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things
- Attention to detail and a curious attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure, ability to take initiatives
8. Success Factors:
Ability to work collaboratively and inspire learning based on experience to interact effectively with colleagues, and ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and process information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
9. Covering responsibilities:
The Deputy Program Manager is cover for the GRIT Project Manager
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة