PFI was established in 1999 as a private sector institution and national institution representing the industrial sector in Palestine through specialized industrial federations. The PFI follows the law of the Palestinian Federation of Industries and specialized industrial unions No (2) for the year 2006. The main role of the General Union is to qualify and train members, represent them effectively and defend their interests, develop effective policies to promote the industrial sector, and develop the local economy. PFI has a mission to support the Palestinian national industries and protect them against dumping and unfair competition through the following tools: Development of the national industries by orienting domestic and foreign investments and the introduction of modern industrial systems. Regulating industrial activity in accordance with the type of industrial production through specialized unions and providing them with the necessary support. Endeavor to raise the competitiveness of the national industrial products.
About the Project
“Supporting the market linkage of the Palestinian products by upgrading the packaging and packing tools” is implemented by PFI. This intervention is part of the TARABOT/Transformative Resilience Programme funded by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and the Finland Representative Office (FRO) through the United Nations Development Programme / Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP). on the first of November 2022 for 9 months. The project will establish the PPC which will perform an inspection for packaging and packing materials, especially for food products and packaging inputs for food products in terms of food surfaces (food contact surfaces), the result will be (a food grade certificate according to PS, FDA, Codex.
Therefore, PFI is looking for a competent and experienced Graphic Designer & Social Media Coordinator to work on the project., The project Graphic Designer should work in compliance with PFI values, rules, and regulations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of packaging design for foodstuffs and creating a visual identity for them.
- The ability to be creative and invent new and attractive designs and packages that are not well known.
- Knowledge of using sample maker machine.
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designers, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with clients about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as Photoshop.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- Create Store branding designs following our outline (banner, Printing, sun shades, sign, see-through, and any material we needed)
- Follow up on social media sites
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience as a graphic designer or in a related field.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Experience with computer-aided design.
- Excellent in the English Language.
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV (including work) with motivation letter, no later than the 12 November 2022 at 16:00 pm to the following link https://forms.gle/NXFcniE1qwAwDktx6
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘Graphic Designer & Social Media Coordinator