About the Program:
Mercy Corps, in partnership with the International Youth Foundation (IYF) and national partners, the USAID West Bank/Gaza-funded Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) activity from September 24, 2021, to September 23, 2026. Through this cooperative agreement, PYE aims to transform vulnerable youth into productive, contributing citizens who are connected to their communities.
Mercy Corps is seeking an individual bidder to lead the production of original and high-quality communications materials to support PYE communications and outreach initiatives and efforts. The materials will follow Mercy Corps and USAID branding and marking guidelines, which will be used to develop and improve the design and layout of leaflets, brochures, presentations, press
releases, banners, testimonials, ads, social media posts, and other publications and
communication tools (digital, print, social media,etc...).
Essential Tasks & Methodology:
● The designer is expected to work in close consultation with the Communication and Reporting Officer at Mercy Corps as well as the Chief of Party (CoP).
● Conduct desk review of relevant project documents shared by PYE Communication and Reporting Officer. This will ensure having a clear understanding of the program, activities and target audiences.
● Meetings with PYE team will be necessary to agree on deliverables and materials to be produced and delivered.
● Copyright and ownership - All materials produced, and other intellectual property will be solely owned by Mercy Corps and partners. Any material provided to the designer will remain the property of Mercy Corps.
● At the end of the project, the designer must provide all raw materials on a USB to the Communication and Reporting Officer.
● Original photos to illustrate presentations, web articles, and reports in thematic areas of work.
● Original illustrations for reports, brochures, posters, and other communication/ visibility materials for thematic areas of work.
● Graphic design/layout template for web-project sites and web articles.
● Printing packages (all layout and design files, including pre-press for the printing house and web-versions) for publications and other communication products, such as reports, brochures, handbooks, leaflets, charts, photographs, posters, folders, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education & Experience:
● Graduate degree in a relevant discipline including but not limited to Graphic Design, Mass Communication or Marketing, and Arts.
● Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software mainly In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
● Clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements and guidelines of Mercy Corps.
● Minimum of 5 years of experience in graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and color management.
● Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms.
● Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office– MS Access– Adobe Acrobat.
● Web design, page layout and design.
● Prior experience working with NGOs and/or INGOs, particularly working to produce
marketing materials related to youth focused programs, is an added advantage.
Core Skills & Requirements:
● Ensure that all materials are provided with the right dimensions, format and follow best practices according to industry standards.
● Save and properly archive raw footage and final versions in the shared Google Drive.
● Become familiar with Mercy Corps and USAID branding standards to ensure consistency.
● Plan and produce quality results to meet established goals.
● Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
● Ability to conceptualize, plan and execute innovative ideas.
● Ability to establish priorities, produce quality outputs, meet deadlines, and manage time efficiently.
● Excellent communication skills - especially discovery and listening ability to identify project requirements and success factors.
● Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing soft ware.
no later than