Grants, Procurement and Compliance Officer (2 vacancies)
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking Grants, Procurement & Compliance Officers for the two recently awarded projects: 1) USAID West Bank/Gaza Pioneers-Raedat Project. This five-year $35M program is intended to leverage women’s potential to create ripple effects that shift gender-based power relations within the Palestinian community. 2) USAID Improve Livelihoods and Enhance Economic Development (ILEED). This five-year, up to $60 million program will focus on promoting resilient livelihoods in Gaza and give households the tools they need to cope with recurrent crises.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
Grants cycle and Monitoring:
- Ensure smooth and efficient implementation of processes through the granting cycle, in compliance with USAID Rules and regulations, as well as Global Communities grants management systems and policies.
- Participate, Support and facilitate the tasks of the grants review committees.
- Communicates with potential applicants as requested by supervisor.
- Preparations of accurate and complete information for compliance with Mission Order 21, including mandatory clauses, certifications and vetting.
- Ensure the collection and review of all required information and documentation for developing accurate agreements with grantees;
- Prepares grant awards and modifications.
- Review of grantees reporting documents and ensure compliance with all Global Communities and USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintains updated auditable records of all sub-grants and related documents.
- Participate in training applicants/grantees on grant management, as necessary.
- Monitor and follow up to ensure that grant recipients comply with the terms and conditions of the grant agreements;
- Coordinate with the technical team on using appropriate programming instrument to ensure grantees accurately reflect technical requirements for programming.
- Ensure that all costs incurred by grantees are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in coordination with the finance team.
- Oversee the partner’s procurement process for grants that entail direct procurement of goods (in-kind grants) or services.
- Assists recipient in complying with procurement requirements for grants that entail substantial procurement,
- Oversee management of grantee held inventory in coordination with finance.
- Develop procurement plans
- Draft solicitation documents for inviting and receiving bids; ensuring appropriate and latest specifications are used;
- Arrange for receiving bids in accordance with GC’s rules and regulations;
- Document procurement processes and share with concerned colleagues;
- Prepare evaluation reports.
- Prepare contract documents as stipulated in the relevant procurement documents;
- Establish and maintain adequate filling system for the proper and efficient documentation of procurement activities, contracts, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field such as Financial Management; accounting, business administration and/or or related administrative or development field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in similar position for a local or an international organization.
- At least 3 years of grants and procurement experience of a USG funded program preferably under a USG contract or cooperative agreement modality of similar size is preferred.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills working with large, complex USAID funded programs preferably in West Bank and Gaza;
- Strong grant technical & financial management background required, including good working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Excellent analytical, planning, management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with donor, community representatives and other stakeholders, and staff at all levels;
- Able to work in a normal office environment with daily travel to the field and visiting grantees as needed.
- Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic are required.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Thursday November 09, 2023, indicating the position title and location.
Global Communities holds strict safeguarding principles and has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. In the process of recruitment, selection, and appointment, Global Communities will conduct robust reference and background screening checks, including international vetting as a signature of the Global Misconduct Disclosure Scheme to ensure children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded, and abuse is prevented. The incumbent is required to carry out their duties in accordance with Global Communities Safeguarding policy and the Standards of Conduct.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.