Job Announcement: Grants Officer
Position Type: Full time, Exempt, not eligible to receive overtime pay
Target Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Director of Program Advancement
Under the general oversight of department personnel and in coordination with other UPA staff, the grants officer will support all aspects of major donor cultivation and grant proposal development. The grants officer may also be called upon to assist with grant reporting as needed.
- Draft select concept notes and grant proposals for major donors. Tasks may also include working with other team members to develop items required for the proposal package (project logical frameworks, implementation plans, risk assessments, etc.)
- Conduct background research on the challenges facing the Palestinian people and synthesize this research into project justifications, concept notes, and letter of inquiry.
- Conduct research on potential sources of major funding.
- Contribute to select donor reporting, in collaboration with colleagues.
- Develop and maintain materials that support new major donor cultivation.
- Work with colleagues to prepare kick-off meeting materials after grant funding is secured.
- As necessary, support the efforts of field operations and the director of program advancement to understand what programs and services are already available and what unmet needs are the greatest.
- Work with relevant colleagues to develop a list of conferences and events that UPA should attend for institutional donor networking and general outreach. Represent UPA at select events.
- Support all aspects of department operations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Knowledge of UPA’s areas of operation – Lebanon, Jordan and the occupied Palestinian territories.
- A liberal arts education with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Five or fewer years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English and superior English language writing and editing skills. Must be able to form concise, logical arguments and to make these arguments in a compelling manner. Must be able to draft research-based project justifications.
- Optimistic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced work environment and who can work independently or as part of a team.
- Proven leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Strong command of MS word, command of excel, and power point would be a plus.
- The following skills/experience/knowledge would be viewed favorably:
- Project management, proposal writing, and grant reporting experience
- Arabic language skills
- Working knowledge of UN clusters and the Grant Management System
- Basic knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Basic knowledge of statistics and budgeting
- Basic knowledge of humanitarian standards such as SPHERE