Statement of Work: Grants Officer
Project: West Bank & Gaza SMART Project
Expected start and end date: January 2022 – End of Project
Level of effort: Full-time
Location: RAMALLAH, PALESTINE
The purpose of Small and Medium Enterprise Assistance for Recovery and Transition (SMART) Activity (SMART Project) is to rapidly recover the Palestinian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and put them on a path to revitalization following the unprecedented COVID-19 crisis. SMART will help SMEs regain productivity, grow, and expand. It will promote economic growth and self-reliance in the West Bank and Gaza.
The Grants Officer will provide support to two functional areas of the project: Grants and Procurement. She/he will bring the team an immediate boost at a critical juncture in programming, operations and logistics implementation in support of workplan activities to enable the Procurement & Grants Manager and the technical team to put all efforts into accelerating the pace of project implementation. The Grants Officer will implement the most appropriate and effective implementation mechanism for achieving programmatic results that meet work plan objectives and remain fully compliant to USAID/USG regulations. S/he will work with the project’s staff to ensure that all technical and administrative critical path actions necessary to meet schedules, deadlines and deliverables are identified, programmed and acted upon, such as document preparation, Technical And Management Information System (TAMIS) data input, and USAID approvals.
- Under the supervision of the Procurement and Grants Manager, contribute to the management of grants and its related procurement under SMART in compliance with DAI and USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain lines of communication with grants and procurement activities in the WB/Gaza.
- Maintain grants files, monitor and evaluate the grants process in all its aspects to ensure it’s done right and in compliance with DAI policies and USAID regulations.
- Contribute to weekly, quarterly, and annual reports and success stories.
- Working to support the technical team, the incumbent will advise on the most appropriate and effective implementation mechanism for achieving programmatic results that meet workplan objectives Work with the project’s staff to ensure that all technical and administrative critical path actions necessary to meet schedules, deadlines and deliverables are identified, programmed and acted upon, such as document preparation, TAMIS input, and USAID approvals.
- Participate in grantee and procurement selection committees and processes.
- Review all grant activities for compliance against USAID regulations, including negotiating terms and conditions.
- Assist with training on procedures for standardized analysis and recording of grant and subcontract budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness and consistency.
- Coordinate with the MEL team to monitor grant implementation, milestone reporting and site visits.
- Assist in the overall management and inventory tracking for project property, including its allocation to grantees and program implementation.
- Ensure that internal controls, project systems, and reporting workflows are being followed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in economics, business, accounting, engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in USAID Grants
- Experience with private sector firms in the US and donor projects in WBG, including four years in USAID grants, procurement, and compliance (including Mission Order 21)
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and Arabic
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High level of interpersonal and diplomatic skills required.
- Previous work experience in Palestine or the Middle East desired.
The Grants Officer will directly report to the Procurement & Grants Manager.
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information. All applications must be received no later than January 6, 2022.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.