Type: Full time with benefits, Exempt.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Target Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Ramallah UPA Office
Reports to: Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships
United Palestinian Appeal, www.upaconnect.org, is seeking a non-profit professional interested in building a career in institutional fundraising to serve as UPA’s grants associate. Under the general oversight of the senior director of institutional partnerships and in coordination with other UPA personnel, the grants associate will support all aspects of institutional donor cultivation and grant proposal development. The grants associate may also be called upon to assist with grant reporting as needed.
In addition to supporting all aspects of departmental operations, the grants associate will be responsible for drafting sections of concept notes, grant proposals, project justifications, and letters of inquiry, which will be informed by his/her own research on the challenges facing the Palestinian people. The grants associate will also conduct research on potential institutional partners and support mapping exercises to determine what programs and services are available in UPA’s areas of operation. Finally, the grants associate will contribute to the development of UPA’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) efforts, and lead or contribute to select donor grant reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The best candidates will have:
- Knowledge of UPA’s areas of operation – Lebanon, Jordan, and the occupied Palestinian territories
- A liberal arts education with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Five or less years of relevant work experience
- Fluency in English and superior English language writing and editing skills. Must be able to form concise, logical arguments and to make these arguments in a compelling manner. Must be able to draft research-based project justifications.
- Optimistic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced work environment and who can work independently or as part of a team
- Proven leadership, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Strong command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- At least a basic knowledge of statistics and budgeting
- The following skills/experience/knowledge would be viewed favorably:
- Project management, proposal writing, and grant reporting experience
- Arabic language skills
- Working knowledge of UNOCHA clusters and the Grant Management System
- Basic knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Basic knowledge of humanitarian standards such as SPHERE
To apply, send a one-page cover letter and two-page resume to [email protected] with UPA Grants Associate as the subject of your email. DEADLINE: Wednesday, November 2 at midnight.