You will be responsible for researching donors and grants, writing proposals and managing the financial aspects of awarded grants, reporting to the Administration.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has experience as a research coordinator/project manager and has experience with: budget management, overseeing research finances, submitting grants, and writing interim and final study reports. This position requires an individual who is diligent, extremely organized, is comfortable using multiple software programs as well as managing projects and finances.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Independently research and manage, control, analyze, reconcile and report on grant/study budgets, funds, and all accounts
- Lead and recommend fiscal strategies to the Grants Manager; analyze, reconcile and report all funds, grants, donations, accounts; maintain complete accounts and files
- Responsible for the monitoring and oversight of all aspects of research/ study budgets ; process payments; cost analysis; liaise with Accounts Payable
- Liaise with funding agencies regarding financial policies and procedures and communicate requirements to Grants manager and researchers
- Independently compile and maintain research financial reports for timely review in compliance with the financial reporting requirements of the funding agencies.
- Manage the program’s portfolio of grants and contracts from the proposal stage to final close-out (i.e. from initial receipt of funding from a granting agency through to final closeout and financial reporting including interim reporting on study and financial progress)
- Prepare, review, edit, and make suggestions for improving grant proposals
- Manage submission of grant proposals ensuring timelines are met, applications are completed and in the correct format (budget preparation, CV updating, format letters of support, etc.)
- Maintain and regularly update CVs for potential researchers and grantees
- Prepare and submit paperwork required to open new accounts when a new funding/grant has been received
- Collect appropriate documentation to form the terms of reference for each cost center and ensure that funding is being spent and received as expected
- Provide administrative support to the ‘ Manager ‘
- Participate in department meetings
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or financial discipline (preferably with 2-3 years related research/grant/financial experience)
- Formal business and accounting training would be considered as asset
- Experience as a research coordinator/project manager
- Experience preparing funding and grant proposals
- Administering funds for the program and multiple grants
- Experience with research grant and manuscript writing and knowledge of referencing
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Office
- Expertise with financial reporting and budget management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening and writing); Arabic an asset
- Must be extremely organized and an efficient time manager
- Must have a strong financial background
- Salary: depending on experience and qualifications
- - Airport pickup and free accommodation (for expats)
- -Other benefits to be discussed at interview level
If you have these qualifications and are eager to work in an environment where you can demonstrate your skills and knowledge and competencies, we’d like to hear from you.
Please send your CV, Cover letter and 3 references to [email protected]. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified