Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Starting Date: 1st Oct, 2019
The Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection for Workers (PFESP) was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and independent financial authority to support economic development by activating and motivating labour market policies, and implementing programs aimed at creating permanent employment opportunities.
Under Peace Steps Programme; the Palestinian Fund for Employment is seeking a qualified “Grant Officer” who will be responsible for the distribution of non-repayable investments, through a sub-granting system, for CBOs, preferably active in the target production sectors and interested in operating according to fair, supportive and sustainable criteria; The sub-granting system will be managed by PFESP and will allow the selection of small operating entities in the sectors of reference and willing to promote solidarity and sustainable production processes. Investments will make it possible to strengthen financial capacity and the production chain, positively influencing the ability to generate and distribute profits.
Peace Steps is a Project led by the Italian Organization Vento Di Terra; and aimed at promoting a sustainable and inclusive socio-economic growth in Palestine. The project intends to strengthen and spread practices of Social and Solidarity Economy guaranteeing job and development opportunities which are fair, responsible and sustainable for youth and women of the Bedouin communities and marginalized areas of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- Produce the CBOs granting package and criteria;
- Selection of beneficiary CBOs by checking their characteristics (financial position, volume of beneficiaries reached, potential for expansion)
- Coordinate the receipt, acknowledgement and tracking of grant applications and the assignment of these applications to internal reviewers;
- Manage multiple grant deadlines;
- Identify, design and deliver orientation and coaching sessions for the targeted CBOs which help improve grant application preparation and writing;
- Design and oversee the grants monthly reports for the CBOs including all the supporting documents;
- Assess applications against a strict set of rules;
- Prepare donors financial reports in relevance to the grants and the project other activities;
- Compile and archive all the requested supporting documents;
- Translate invoices and financial documents when necessary;
- Verification of the budget and final balance concerning the granting of grants provided by the target CBOs checking that the CBOs record the awarded grant correctly in their financial statement;
- Follow up on the control process according to the internal policy that PFESP adopts for granting grants
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the sector, 3 years in the specific position of grant officer.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- The ability to analyse complex information and figures.
- Fair and objective decision making ability.
- A willingness to work to strict guidelines.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Good computer and administrative skills.
- The ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Driving license
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include a resume and a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than August 27, 2019. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.