GMIP Consultant , Individual Service Provider (ISP)
Deadline for Applications 27 August 2020
Contract Type & Duration Individual service provider of 6 months, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need of the post
Vacancy Announcement Number VN/WB/73/2020/X
Duty Station & Department Field Office Jerusalem- Human Resources Department
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA’s human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency’s operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 4,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees.
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Establish a system and develop capacity of key staff to strengthen management of the day-to-day operations of the Group Medical Insurance Plan (GMIP) contract to ensure optimal risk management and provide strong operational oversight;
- Make recommendations to reinforce and increase program effectiveness for the benefit of policy holders, including, but not limited to premiums, additional benefits, plan dividends and plan improvements
- Develop and provide strategic advice on the direction on alternative contracting and coverage modalities to explore the insurance market for best value for money.
- Take part in contract and tender processes including formulation of table of benefits, negotiation, technical and financial evaluation with a view to providing sound technical advice enabling the Agency to select the best service provider and best value for money. Prepare a project schedule detailing the time-line of the tender process’ project phases: GMIP tendering, awarding, negotiation, execution processes and ensure implementation within a set time-line.
- Analyze service provider's discounts and provide recommendations (Audit, contractual and further discount).
- Set up fraud and misuse policy and procedures and ability to verify these behavior and set preventive measures.
- Propose an approach for the Agency to follow to reflect unsatisfactory performance on performance bonds.
- Efficient analysis of the utilization and performance reports, and provide statistical data with recommendation to management for decision making.
- Assess the strength of service provider's software system for claim processing and reports as part of the technical evaluation.
- To discuss options/methods by which disputes between the insured member and the insurance company are best handled/dealt with/resolved and direct the agency to take appropriate action.
- Capacity building and coaching HR GMIP focal point persons, provide written guidelines tools and clarifications, where necessary;
- To analyze and advise on the monthly reports to ensure UNRWA operates within their available Insurance budget.
- Monthly analysis reports on utilization and provider performance, both identifying areas of savings and area of coverage risks with consideration to risks mitigating measures.
- Monthly analysis on fraud cases and the follow up.
- Provide both formal and on the job-training of at least 4 nominated staff members on all aspects of GMIP.
- Quarterly written update on local insurance industry position, providing strategic recommendations.
- Provide quality analysis of the technical evaluation of the Tender process
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary between $1705 and $2000, based on seniority and experience of the selected candidate.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Master’s degree in insurance, business Administration finance or economics or related studies.
OR a related relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience in insurance management.
Additional formal training and/ or certification in various insurance brokerage.
At least five years of experience in the application of the knowledge acquired in insurance management or a related field, with progressively responsible professional experience in preparing insurance utilisation reports or analytical reports.
Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
UN Core Values of Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default. Default managerial competencies may apply including:
- Leading and Supervising.
- Deciding and Initiating Action.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Following Instructions and Procedures.
- Discretion, confidentiality and tact.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة